10 Jun 12

LW GM: *** LOG START ***
LW GM: It has been a long, and frankly terrifying journey, but after two days you are now in sight of the capital and its river docks.
Avan: "City ahead! Anyone recognize it?"
Grimbeard: "Does na matter wut its called lads! ITS LAND!"
Rhavi: "Steven, prepare the lads to bring the Albatross in. Then send someone down to alert the passengers. We have reached Holmgard."
Levin 's head pokes up out of the hold. "We've arrived? Permission to let the passengers onto the deck, captain?"
Rhavi: "Why don't you wait until we dock, Levin? I don't want anyone getting underfoot."
LW GM: The docks are busy, but you are soon moored and tied to the docks, ready to disembark.
Rhavi: "Alright lads! Two day leave time except for the lot of you who drew the short straws! Payment will be coming soon, so be back here by sunsent."
Levin 's soon letting the passengers out of the hold, maintaining a slow, but steady, flow.
Rhavi: "Master Grimbeard, would you be so kind as to present an honor guard for our passengers on the docks? I don't want anyone crowding them."
LW GM: The passengers disembark, mostly under their own power.
Grimbeard nods.
Grimbeard: "Aye aye sir."
Avan is looking around. "…so this is it."
Avan: "This part of my quest is almost finally over."
Avan peeks ahead. Does the river go all the way to the coast?
[OOC] LW GM: It is out of sight, but your told it does.
Avan: "So Rhavi, where are you headed from here?"
Rhavi shrugs
Dust secures his meager possessions and threads his way through the crowd, heading towards the King's Keep.
Rhavi: "To the safe house to get these people settled. After that I will go wherever the winds take me for awhile. And you?"
Grimbeard does as the captain wishes.
Levin heads to the safehouse once the last passenger is unloaded, so that he may turn his casefiles to his successor.
Avan: "My path leads to the coast. After that…back to Telchos. Eventually."
LW GM: A small squad of City Guardsmen soon arive to take the refugees off your hands.
Avan: "Whether by foot or by sea…" Avan shrugs. "I hear there is an eastern passage, leading around both continents."
[OOC] LW GM: Are the others accompanying Dust, or is he heading off on his own?
[OOC] Dust: Presumably on his own.
Rhavi: "Never be in a hurry to get home, Avan. It always changes when you are gone. If you want to stay on for awhile, I could use a good hand on the ship." He heads down the plank and leads the freed slaves toward the safehouse.
[OOC] Avan: Levin has reason to go with him, no? But the others…
[OOC] Rhavi: Heading with Levin, and Grim, anyone else?
Avan: "I could stay on a while. I have one stop to make before we leave this city, but after that…" He follows.
[OOC] Levin: I'll join Dust once I'm done handing over my case files for the passengers.
Rhavi: "Where are you headed in the city?"
Avan: "The shore."
LW GM: One of the watchmen eyes Rhavi suspiciously.
Rhavi smiles beautifically
Avan: "I must touch the waters there."
Rhavi: "Come now, Oswald, live and let live! I am sure that your wife came back after I dropped her off…"
Rhavi: "I can take you there after we get them settled in if you like."
LW GM: The guardsman retreats into the guardpost. Most likely he is reporting your presence up the chain of command.
Avan: "I…" The dark-skinned one considers. "…can't think of a reason to object."
Rhavi: "No, but I could think of several about you wandering off in an unfamiliar city."
Avan: "Indeed. I have seen smaller…" He looks around. "…and I have learned well that they can be no less dangerous for the lack of the usual impediments to survival."
Rhavi: "How very true, my friend."
Dust, Levin: The alley you are winding yourselves thorugh is dark even in the noonday sun. The neighborhood looks dangerous, but this is the fastest way you can see to get to the King.
Grimbeard looks for more boom powder supplies after his guard duties are complete.
Grimbeard, Avan, Rhavi: The refugees are taken to safety and the guardsmen seem to have… vanished. Melted into the croud.
Dust pauses, one arm out to halt Levin as well. His eyes first turn upwards, towards the Roofways, then across the faces in the neighborhood. "Hnnn. Be ready."
[OOC] LW GM: Grimbeard roll
Avan: "…"
Avan stands up straighter. "Ravhi, you noticed…?"
[OOC] Avan: *Rhavi
Rhavi: "Oh Hells…"
Avan makes sure his handbolt is secured in his shiel-fa.
Rhavi loosens his sword in its scabbard
Levin unobtrusively loosens his shortsword.
Rhavi: "Oswald must really hold a grudge," he mutters to himself and scans the crowd.
Grimbeard rolled up 1d10-1: 4 (4)
Grimbeard, Avan, Rhavi: A hight whistle, followed by a slight breeze and ending in a soft *thunk* echoing from the railing next to Grimbeards head. You're reasonably certain that dart wasn't there a moment ago.
Dust threads his way through the alleys, calling on his training to intuit the safest routes as well as the best bolt hole for when things go south. (Camouflage)
Grimbeard ducks and heads to the nearest building corner, trying to get out of sight.
Avan: "…" They announced themselves? They almost meant for…wait. Avan looks at the railing. Is there someting there for them to notice?
Rhavi searches the crowd, looking for telltale signs of the watchmen. People shying back, someone standing a little too tall (Golden Eye)
Dust, Levin: Unfortunately, you seem to already have been made and a group of four people are heading towards you with knives in their hands. They're not even bothering with the formality of 'Yer money or yer life.'.
Dust shakes his head at the small group. "And what are we doing?"
Levin gives them a bit more time to approach, then smiles. Dangerously. "I would recommend turning around and going home if you value your lives or freedom."
Grimbeard, Avan, Rhavi: The crouds have mostly left, and the group are surrounded on all sides by another group of six individuals.
Rhavi: "How fast can you two run?"
Avan: "Fast enough, if you have a path."
Grimbeard glares at Rhavi.
Grimbeard: "You're kiddin', right?"
Dust, Levin: The unwashed youth grins. "Nothing personal. Just some of my new friends," he indicates the somewhat better dressed members of his group, "are paying us really well to make sure you don't get a royal audiance."
Rhavi: "I believe that we can make one over there, " he nods toward an alleyway, and two fo the men. "That leads a block over and they can only come at us two at a tim ein there if they cut us off."
Levin: "Well enough to assault a Kai lord and an Herbalish druid?" He quirks an eyebrow. "If you insist. Your funeral, though." He draws his sword, but waits…
Rhavi: "Not in the least, Master Grimbeard…but you can riddle them full of holes if you like. I think that six to three are odds that needs to be tipped."
Dust, Levin: "Well, somebody's funeral at least."
[OOC] Rhavi: -the
Dust smiles. "You have been paid then? Enjoy your money; turn and leave."
Dust, Levin: Another grin, "Well, there's money, and then there's fun."
Levin: "Unfortunate. Let's dance." He strikes at the apparent leader…
[OOC] Levin: CS?
Avan: "Shoot the one closest to the alley. The other five are too many steps away to intercept us."
Dust: "I am often told I am quite boring."
[OOC] LW GM: Okay, for the sake of sanity, I'm going to run this as one combat, in that turn order will be the same as if it were one combat
Rhavi: "Then we run for him if he still stands. make that run over him if he still stands, and gain the alleyway."
Grimbeard nods
Avan: "On your mark, Rhavi."
[OOC] LW GM: the CSs of the thugs is 16, and the CSs of the more well-dressed thugs is 23
Grimbeard holds his weapon at ready.
[OOC] Avan: There are well-dressed thugs?
[OOC] Dust: For us.
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. They are called polititans.
Rhavi: "By all means, shoot him now, Master Grimbeard…no need to stand on formalities."
[OOC] Levin: Okay. Do I get the first strike, then, or are we going in CS order?
Grimbeard aims and fires at the indicated target.
[OOC] Dust: CS order presumably. Which means… oh look, its Grimmy.
Avan: "As you wish." The handbolt is flying before the end of Avan's words. Avan is flying at the end of his words.
[OOC] LW GM: Ranged round first, then order of CS.
[OOC] Avan: SS, actually.
[OOC] Avan: Avan always goes first.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] LW GM: True, but only at first.
[OOC] Avan: Bite of Fire, so -28 endurance. Is the target still up?
[OOC] LW GM: And now we know that Grimbeard ran over Chessa's puppy and Avan gave her twenty bucks.
[OOC] Avan: Nah. Auto-9ed.
[OOC] LW GM: No he is not. The thug dies a thug's death. All thugs die by being set of fire by a Techlos warrrior. Known fact. They're immortal otherwise.
Dust draws, aims, and fires in one fluid motion at the person silly enough to speak.
[OOC] LW GM: Sssshhh…
[OOC] Dust: Levin might want to take a ranged action, since he has a bow.
[OOC] Levin: Yes, but…flavour…
[OOC] LW GM: GB might want to do his roll first.
[OOC] Rhavi: and then we run
Grimbeard rolled up Ratio: 6 RNT: 2 Player: -3 Enemy: -8
[OOC] Avan: That's w/triple damage to enemy, yes?
[OOC] Avan: So 2 thugs down.
[OOC] Grimbeard: Triple damage
Dust rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -11 (ranged, no return damage.)
[OOC] Avan: Though Dust's thugs were CS 23?
[OOC] Avan: *Thought
[OOC] LW GM: There are two sets of thugs for both groups. Because I anticipated that this would be one fight and not two.
Levin draws forth his bow and fires a shot at the apparent leader…
[OOC] Dust: There is at least one speaker (CS 16) and at least 2 'well-dressed' (CS23) for us.
Levin rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 7 Player: -2 Enemy: -7
[OOC] Dust: Ranged round is done now, yes? Moving on to round 2?
Grimbeard prepares to rapid reload when the time comes.
Grimbeard, Avan, Rhavi: The last of the not-so-well-dressed thugs turns to flee.
[OOC] LW GM: You can shoot him in the back if you like.
Rhavi: "Let him go."
Grimbeard: "Ya sure? I could try ta hit im in tha leg?"
Dust, Levin: Both of your opponent's are injured, but none of them are dead.
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. Ranged done.
Rhavi: "Save your shot. These will pursue when we make the alley. They will need to be discouraged."
Dust lays his bow aside, shrugging his shield into place and drawing his sword. "We should take at least one of them to the king."
Levin: "In that case, let's disable the overly talkative one."
Dust nods. "Agreed."
Overly-talkative One: "Hey!"
Dust shrugs. "Perhaps you wish to rethink your scheme? There's still a small amount of time before I apply the flat of my blade to your temple."
Rhavi: "So," he calls to the three thugs, "Do we owe you money or something?"
LW GM: <Grimbeard, Avan, Rhavi> "Do'kibnha nacr, Naar!"
Avan: "…I recognized 'Naar'."
Grimbeard rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 6 Player: -3 Enemy: -6
[OOC] LW GM: Naar is kind of one of a kind.
Grimbeard attempts to swing his gun at the attacker's feet, hoping to trip him up.
Avan: "Sworn allies of the Darklands are generally kill on sight around here, yes?"
[OOC] Dust: Note that the CS23 guys go before I do and so they have to engage us.
LW GM: The thug steps over Grimbeard's swing and kicks him in the face, chipping a tooth. Grimbeard uses the momentum to complete his swing and slams his gun butt into the non-kicking knee of the thug.
Rhavi: "I think so, yes. But then again, the city guard usually does that sort of thing."
[OOC] LW GM: They have moved in.
[OOC] LW GM: The CS 23 Thugs engage you each one on one.
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -10
[OOC] LW GM: Avan is up. Now. Rhavi and then Levin on deck.
Avan plucks his handbolt from the corpse while whipping his shiel-fa around a thug's neck. The bite of fire this time is provided by the still-hot end of Grimbeard's barrel.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 0 Player: -6 Enemy: 0
Avan manages to miss the barrel, apparently.
Dust sidesteps the well-dressed thug, giving him a firm shove with his shield before opening his back with a short cut.
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi!
Rhavi steps tot he side, whipping the scimitar out in a quick arc to the man's eyes. While he is distracted by this bit of flash, he plunges the knife into his side. With a twist he whirls out of the way of the return strokes. (swashbuckling)
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 0 Player: -8 Enemy: 0
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 6 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
[OOC] Dust: That is a useful ability.
[OOC] Rhavi: Extremely
Rhavi: "Just once I want to come into port and have a beer without having to literally kill for it first…"
Levin rushes forth to take the next foe as the OTG collapses gracelessly…
Levin rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 1 Player: -6 Enemy: -1
[OOC] Levin: Ow.
Avan: "This has happened before?"
Rhavi: "Meh. A few times. Usually a case of mistaken identity. Run away now while you still can! I have a dwarf and I am _not_ afraid to use him!"
[OOC] Dust: That's my dwarf!
Levin winces as his target strikes back just before his own blow lands, his shortsword barely nicking the target.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -8 (rolling for the second CS 16 guy flanking dust, no return)
LW GM: Levin may have taken a serious blow delivering that pinprick, but sometimes that's what it takes. The thug slumps against the alley wall and is still.
Dust thanks Kai once again as his chainmail takes the sting from that blow.
[OOC] Dust: Next full round?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. And thank you for waiting for me to prompt. I will be prompting for rounds, just to make sure I'm computing damage and death right.
[OOC] LW GM: New round.
Dust narrows his eyes. There's enough room to escape, but that risks leaving Levin alone against the three remaining opponents. As the well-dressed thug comes in, Dust nods, raising his shield but offering only a feint in return.
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 6 Player: -2 Enemy: -7 ((no return from Dust))
[OOC] Dust: And that's the last of the chainmail bonus. After this, real wounds.
Avan tries that whip trick again!
Avan rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 6 Player: -3 Enemy: -6
[OOC] LW GM: Note that you can heal chainmail.
Avan actually burns the thug this time! (-12 total damage to enemy)
[OOC] LW GM: Try to make sure you note that in the comments please. I almost forgot.
Grimbeard rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 6 Player: -3 Enemy: -6
Grimbeard attempts to strike the man in the stomach this time.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 8 Player: -2 Enemy: -7
Rhavi leaps in, scything the blade of the scimitar over the man's thigh. he parries the return blow with his dagger, the other man's knife sliding away form the intended target to scratch his arm.
[OOC] Dust: I think that's Levin's turn?
[OOC] Rhavi: yep
Levin picks up the overly-talkative guy and slings him over his shoulder in a fireman's carry, then retreats behind Dust-the well-dressed thugs clearly outclass his own meagre swordplay.
Dust turns the feint into a rapid strike towards the remaining poorly-dressed thug's head. He casts a quick glance back to Levin, and nods.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -8
[OOC] LW GM: New Round
Dust closes his eyes, centering his mind. Then, he lowers his shield, tearing the seal from his cloak and tossing it to Levin. "Call the Sommlending guard, show them that seal. Bring help if you can; but that message must be delivered. I will hold them."
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 2 Player: -5 Enemy: -3
Avan pulls on the whip, strangulating the thug, burning the throat to hasten its collapse.
Dust takes the wound on his shoulder, but returns a narrow gash over the well-dressed thug's eye. "Go now, Herbalish."
Avan rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 1 Player: -6 Enemy: -1 (double damage)
Avan is not faring too well.
Levin catches the seal and gets moving post-haste.
[OOC] Dust: Rolling the other two against Dust.
[OOC] LW GM: Note, to run away from a battle normally requires a roll, but since everyone is dogpiling on the damn dirty Kai Lord, Levin has a free exit.
[OOC] Dust: You're welcome!
Dust rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 3 Player: -5 Enemy: -3 (((No return.)))
Dust rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 3 Player: -4 Enemy: -5 (((No return)))
Grimbeard rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 4 Player: -4 Enemy: -4
Grimbeard is attempting to gun butt him in the chin.
LW GM: With a loud crunch and a scream of agony, the attacker falls to one knee, but slips on the dock, winding up in the water. He does not rise.
[OOC] Grimbeard: Was that mine?
[OOC] LW GM: Aye.
[OOC] Dust: What's the current standings?
[OOC] LW GM: GB This means you are free to engage with either of the remaining two.
[OOC] Avan: 3 on you, 1 on me, 1 on Rhavi.
[OOC] Avan: And Rhavi's yet to roll.
[OOC] Rhavi: waiting on avan
[OOC] Avan: Already rolled.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 4 Player: -5 Enemy: -3
[OOC] LW GM: A second strike or no?
Rhavi rips the blade upward, taking a thrust to his side
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 4 Player: -5 Enemy: -3
Rhavi falls back bleeding profusely from his side, but grinning as he scores a strike to the man's cheek
LW GM: The strike to the man's cheek was deeper than Rhavi thought at first as it also severed one of the tendons that allows the head to remain upright. The man's head flops to the side, causing him to misjudge his footing and join Grimbeard's opponent in the water, where he to does not rise.
[OOC] LW GM: And now the three of you will be able to gang up on the last one next round.
Levin: After about two blocks you find a small city guardsman patrol.
Levin: "My pardons. I have two things I must report. First…you must assist my friend over yonder. Second, my friend, myself, and this fellow must speak to the King as soon as possible." He flashes the Kai lord's seal Dust gave him.
LW GM: The guard gives Levin a look of ammused, but tolerant, skepticism until Levin shows him the Seal of the Kai. He then pulls a whistle from his pocket and summons a small troup of six guards. "Which way sir?"
Levin gestures back the way he came.
LW GM: The sound of the guard's whistle carries all the way back to Dust and his opponents. The attackers look up when they hear it then fade into branching alleys.
[OOC] LW GM: Dust's group is done.
[OOC] Dust: Hurray for strategy! And also for not rolling roughly 1 point less on every preceding roll….
[OOC] Rhavi: time to beat the hell out of thug # 3 guys…
[OOC] LW GM: That's Chessa's idea of love.
[OOC] LW GM: New round.
Avan smirks, unleashing his shiel-fa - not bothering with the fire this time. The fire is being supplied from his friends.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 7 Player: -2 Enemy: -7 (not double damage this time)
Dust wavers, then shoulders his shield, wipes his blade clean and retrieves his bow. "Well-timed, Levin. My thanks. And to you as well," he says, bowing to the guards. "I am Dust Fox, monk of Kai with an urgent message for the King. Could I trouble you for an escort to the palace?"
LW GM: "No sir, you are going to a doctor. We can't have you die on the way to see the king."
Levin: "I'll handle it, man." He holds up his own order's seal. "I /am/, after all, an Herbwarden."
LW GM: "Ah. I see. Very well. Then let us proceed with all /safe/ speed."
Levin tends to Dust's wounds as they move.
Grimbeard rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -9
Dust shakes his head. "It is not yet my day. The king first. Then, my wounds will resolve themselves, with the aid of Herbalish remedies." With the guards leading the path, Dust releases his mind from the worries of the material world and turns it towards closing his wounds and stemming the loss of blood.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -10 (same roll, corrected for Ganging Up)
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -3 RNT: 7 Player: -1 Enemy: -8
Grimbeard attempts to take the feet out again, immobilizing him.
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi. Deathblow narration.
Rhavi steps in as the dwarf strikes at the feet and brings the pummel od his blade down upon the bridge of their enemy's nose
Rhavi with a sickening crunch the man's face partially caves in, the cheek dissolving under the blow
Avan flicks his weapons clean, then ties them back together, then gets to examining the corpses - thsoe that remain, anyway.
Rhavi holds his side..again..and checks the corpses with Avan
LW GM: *** LOG END ***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License