11 Nov 12

LW GM: Kanden joins you at street level. Before you lies the exit to the city. It is deserted. No guards. No pedestrians. There is no one around your immediate area at all, though you can hear the crowd you escaped coming closer.
Levin: "Best get a move on, I think."
GrimBeard: "Aye."
Avan is already moving, communicating via action.
Rhavi nods
Rhavi: "Yes, let the one who is immune to poisons go first."
LW GM: Once you are outside Hammerdal, it is but a short half-mile hike through the forest to the foot of the mountain Kanden indicated earlier. You seem to have lost your pursuers in the hike.
Rhavi: "What lies in the cave to guard the weapons Kanden?"
Avan keeps on moving.
LW GM: "We can expect that some creatures of Naar still call the temple home, even though it is desecrated."
Rhavi loosens his weapons in their respective scabbards on the way
LW GM: The path up the mountain is… not well maintained. There have been frequent rock slides in the past that have to be either avoided or climbed over. ((Everyone make a half rank roll))
Avan: "What are such creatures doing this far from home?"
Avan rolled up 1d10+2: 6 (6)
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 7 (7) ((Because you demanded it.))
Levin rolled up 1d10+2: 3 (3)
LW GM: "The temple was their home, at least until the servants of Kai and Ishir reclaimed it. Even when it was reclaimed it was considered too dangerous to explore fully."
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+2: 11 (11)
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10+2: 11 (11)
[OOC] LW GM: All right, what have you been feeding Chessa?
LW GM: A rock twists free as Levin tries to use it as a handhold, sending him painfully sliding back down about ten feet. ((-3 End))
Rhavi reaches out to help Levin up
Levin: "Much thanks."
LW GM: Eventually you make it to a ledge and Kanden says that you have arrived. At first you don't see the temple, but eventually your eyes adjust to the gloom of being on the dark side of the mountain and you make out the entrance to the temple, which is built right into the mountain.
Rhavi takes stock of everyone, looking for signs of wear or poison
LW GM: Even those who have not been trained to such sensitivity can fell the malevolence of Naar, despite the desecration of his temple.
Levin shudders. "Let us be in and out quickly."
[OOC] LW GM: GrimBeard and Dust's poison has long since worn off, but both take an additional 3 damage before their systems burned it out.
Rhavi: "If everyone feels up to it, we should make our way in and our before nightfall."
Dust: "Agreed."
Levin: "Aye."
Avan: "Yes."
GrimBeard: "Aye"
Rhavi brings out the lantern and lights it up
LW GM: The flames of the lantern cast sinister shadows on the walls of the temple. You can almost taste the oppression of Naar's hate for you and all your kind.
Rhavi heads into the cave
Avan has never even met Naar, but has felt things not unlike this elsewhere.
[OOC] LW GM: Do you want to? It can be arranged.
[OOC] Avan: I'll pass. For now.
Dust passes GrimBeard a potion of Laumspur.
GrimBeard: "Thank ye."
GrimBeard accepts the drink and swallows it in one gulp.
LW GM: The potion is the best thing GrimBeard has ever tasted, and not just because he feels a bit better after drinking it. ((+4 End))
Avan looks back. "That said. *Does* everyone feel up to it?"
Avan: "If not, we can camp out here until morning."
Rhavi: "I doubt that we would be undisturbed. Our best chance is speed."
GrimBeard: "Ah'm fine. Ah kin make it."
Avan takes point, going in - but not beyond the limit of the light.
Levin stands by with antitoxins and such, in case one of the others trips a trap.
Rhavi allows Avan to pass, but follows closely
Dust rolled up 1d10-1: 0 (0) ((The GM asks, we obey. Have mercy on us damned sinners, Chessa.))
[OOC] Levin: *weep*
LW GM: Your only warning is a soft scrape of flesh on stone as dark forms come out of the shadows and attack!
[OOC] LW GM: CS 15
[OOC] Dust: Do they get a surprise round?
Levin draws his own sword, drawing on the spirit of the bear to aid his strength…
[OOC] LW GM: Green Purge applies
[OOC] LW GM: Yes.
[OOC] LW GM: So this round you can not inflict damage.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 8 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] Avan: Sadly.
[OOC] Dust: This would also mean no ranged round, which means sadness for Grim.
[OOC] Levin: heehee.
Avan may have only had a soft sound for warning, but that's warning enough. Besides, he was on guard.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 1 Player: -3 Enemy: -6 ((Shield up, sword ready))
[OOC] LW GM: There most likely won't be any ranged rounds while you're in the temple. It's not exactly Kansas.
LW GM: A claw slips past Dust's guard, raking it's black fingers across his chest.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -14 (((Pulling weapons)))
[OOC] Rhavi: Well…..
Levin rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 3 Player: -3 Enemy: -7 (no damage to enemies.)
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -8 (((Drawing gun and preparing for Gunbutting.)))
LW GM: Levin tries to block a claw aimed for his face, but sadly blocks with his weapon hand.
LW GM: The butt of GrimBeard's gun goes off to the right as a claw opens a slice on his cheek.
Levin mutters language men weren't meant to know.
GrimBeard: "Disgustin' beasties! You'll pay fer tha'!"
LW GM rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 1 Player: -6 Enemy: -1 (Like I'm going to do damage anyway.)
LW GM: Kanden stumbles as he is attacked, falling out of the lighted area of the lantern.
Avan: "Get him back into the light!"
Rhavi leaps toward Kanden, bringing the light to him as well as working into a more defensible position
[OOC] LW GM: Will that be your action this round?
[OOC] Rhavi: Does it need to be?
[OOC] Rhavi: Can I hit anything on the way?
Avan spins around and flays the neck of the one that came at him, so precisely he may as well have simply beheaded the foe with a sword.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -16
[OOC] Avan: Bite of Fire for 2x damage, of course.
[OOC] LW GM: There's no multitasking during combat really in LW. So, do your attack as normal once it's your turn, but I'll only take off half damage since you're distracted.
[OOC] Rhavi: Okay
LW GM: The ghoul catches fire and swiftly burns to ashes, briefly extending the circle of light.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 6 Player: -1 Enemy: -11 ((jus' swingin a sword at some ghouls…))
Levin goes beast-choppin'…
Levin rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 1 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -11 ((half damage))
LW GM: Dust's sword finds it's target, but gets a small cut on his wrist for his troubles.
[OOC] LW GM: I'll round up.
[OOC] LW GM: GrimBeard (who should have gone after Avan I believe)
[OOC] Levin: he has 17 CS without the boost from his musket, I thought.
[OOC] GrimBeard: That is what I did last round
[OOC] LW GM: You're right.
[OOC] Rhavi: So still after dust
[OOC] LW GM: Yeah.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Directly after Dust?
[OOC] LW GM: Yep.
[OOC] LW GM: Same as Levin (since Levin gets a bonus against these guys).
[OOC] Dust: Doesn't Grim get his sharpshooting bonus while gunbutting?
[OOC] Dust: As per the house rules? Giving him a much higher CS than anyone else?
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 5 Player: -2 Enemy: -9 ((Attempting to gun butt one of the beasties))
[OOC] LW GM: Does he? I can't remember what I ruled on that.
[OOC] Dust: "When a Dwarven Gunner of Bor is Gunbutting with his musket, only the disciplines of Accuracy and Sharpshooting (and of course, Gunbutting) apply. This also extends to the Gunmastery level."
[OOC] LW GM: Ah… Okay GB heal the two damage you just took and do another attack then.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -11 ((Attempting to gun butt one of the beasties))
[OOC] LW GM: -that
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 2 Player: -2 Enemy: -9 ((Attempting to gun butt one of the beasties))
[OOC] Levin: -that, too.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -16
[OOC] Levin: since you just needed to recalc using the roll you already god.
[OOC] Levin: er, got.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Oh, sorry my bad.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 9 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -18 (still getting it wrong yaaaay.)
[OOC] GrimBeard: Thought we were just re-rolling like it never happened
[OOC] LW GM: Yay!)
LW GM: GrimBeard's upperbutt decapitates the ghoul.
Levin: "… Remind me never to get him angry at me."
[OOC] LW GM: Let the Dwarf win.
Avan: "If you do, I might not have time to remind you."
[OOC] LW GM: New round!
[OOC] Dust: Also, the dwarf goes first.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -11 ((Attempting to gun butt the closest beastie))
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 9 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -12 (Your CS changed, dood.)
LW GM: GrimBeard attempts to replicate his recent feat, but the Ghoul ducks to the right at the last moment, saving him his head if not the headache. Even so, a half-blind flailing talon manages to catch GrimBeard regardless.
[OOC] LW GM: Next up?
[OOC] LW GM: Actually, because I forgot last round…
LW GM rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 2 Player: -5 Enemy: -2 (Lightning Hand)
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -9 ((Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Naar I shall fear no RNG for Chessa is with me…))
Avan just plain punches Dust's target.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 6 RNT: 2 Player: -3 Enemy: -8
LW GM: A brilliant flash of blue erupts from Kanden's hand, taking down the ghoul GrimBeard had so grievously injured.
[OOC] Avan: Bite of Fire, and own.
[OOC] Avan: *ow
Levin slashes at the next ghoul…
Levin rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 2 Player: -3 Enemy: -6
LW GM: Dust spins to gather momentum to strike at his enemy's side, but takes a hit on his back while doing so. The enemy clutches it's wound, then falls over.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 4 Player: -2 Enemy: -8 ((closes his eyes against the flash of fire, cutting where the image of the ghoul was))
LW GM: Avan changes targets at the last minute due to his first choice going and getting himself all perished.
LW GM: Levin's upward thrust catches the throat of his target with the point of his sword. He almost doesn't mine the long rakes on his arm. Almost.
[OOC] LW GM: That's it.
LW GM: You are tired, sore, and bleeding, but you managed to make it through the attack.
[OOC] Rhavi: So it did not get to me for damage?
[OOC] LW GM: Correct.
Levin: "We'd best hurry. Or else turn back for now so that we might recover and survive the next attack in somewhat better shape."
Rhavi: "Do you really see these things staying inside at night?"
Avan: "We can press on."
Dust: "We will have all the time needed to rest after the demon is destroyed."
Rhavi: "We have no choice but to go forward."
GrimBeard: "Agreed Boss."
Kanden: "It is wisest to press on. The longer we are here, the more likely it is that Naar will take notice."
Levin: "Let's go, then. We've got ass to kick and gumroot to chew. And I'm fresh out of gumroot."
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License