15 Jul 12

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: You have just left the Warroom of the King of Sommerlund with that most tenuous, fragile, and dangerous of all possible concepts, a plan.
[OOC] LW GM: That's literal by the way, you just steped through the door out.
[OOC] Dust: Are we good on supplies? And we had decided to go north to the Crystal Star?
Rhavi: "Gentlemen, I have orders to give, but will be ready to depart within the hour. I will meet you at the gate."
Avan: "As you wish."
[OOC] Avan: Maybe and yes.
LW GM: Rhavi finds all is ready for depature. It would seem that the King has graciously taken the liberty of seeing to it that The Albatros is restocked.
Avan sees to supplies. Overland trekking, he is familiar with!
Dust nods towards Rhavi. "Any other preparations that need to be made, make them. I need to send a message to the Monastery; I will meet you at the gate."
Rhavi checks the ship a final time and gives the necessary orders to keep the crew in line.
Levin: "Right. I'll see you there." He sketches out a quick antivenin recipe, and passes the sheet of paper it's on to the king. "Sire, you may wish to prepare a sizeable stock of this antivenin as soon as possible. It should counter the poisons presently employed by the Cenerese Druids' pet spiders."
[OOC] LW GM: A suggestion for those who care about such things, might want to restock your ammo if any of you are running low.
[OOC] Dust: brb
[OOC] Rhavi: I am assuming that I don't actually have to say that I retrieve my knives after every battle, right?
[OOC] Avan: Are there spare handbolts for sale?
The King: He gravely takes the formula. "I will see to it that my chief physician gets this. Thank you."
[OOC] Rhavi: Why buy when the palace armoury is open for business?
[OOC] LW GM: Because I didn't think to make a 'pick three items from this list' list.
Levin nods. "You're welcome, Sire. With your leave, then…?" He bows, and departs from the room with the king's assent.
LW GM: As Levin leaves, he hears the king murmer to himself "Wildlands clover? Innovative…"
GrimBeard searches for a place to refill ammo and any other needed supplies.
LW GM: It takes a small amount of time, but Grimbeard soon finds a tavern where men of his stature condecend to do business. Well, business of the non-killing sort. Or at least usually the non-killing sort.
[OOC] Avan: Also, the palace armory wouldn't have exotic weapons, probably.
[OOC] LW GM: No.
[OOC] Avan: So, are there spare handbolts for sale?
[OOC] LW GM: Nope. Sorry. It's the price you pay for being so gosh darned exotic.
Rhavi shoulders his pack and heads to the northern gate.
Dust returns to the gate once his message is sent.
GrimBeard tries to haggle a good price for the boom powder from his fellow Dwarves.
Avan gets what supplies he can, but mostly takes in the sights.
[OOC] LW GM: GB make a roll and add your rank.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Rank in what?
[OOC] LW GM: Dwarfness
[OOC] LW GM: Srsly, it's on your character sheet.
[OOC] Dust: Though you have not updated your rank, apparently; you should be rank 6.
[OOC] LW GM: ^
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10+5: 14 (14)
LW GM: The fellow dwarven gunner looks at you with something akin to awe, not that dwarves actually feel 'awe', and hands you a packet of boom powerder. "With my complements."
GrimBeard proceeds to ask them about any other ingredients he might need to get his ammo back up to an acceptable amount.
LW GM: The dwarf nods and pushes a bag of shot to you as well.
GrimBeard then proceeds to get a couple of meals for the trip, and then makes his way back to the group.
Rhavi grunts from where he leans against the gate and shoulders his pack again.
Rhavi: "ready then?"
LW GM: A groom from the gate's stable approaches you.
Groom: "Your horses are ready my lords."
Levin mounts up, tosses the groom a Crown by way of tip. "Thanks, my good man."
Groom: "Thank *you* my lord!"
Rhavi grumbles and gets on the horse again
Dust mounts up. "Everyone accounted for?"
Avan mounts up and headcounts.
Rhavi: "We are now."
Rhavi nods to Grim's approach
Dust sets out on the road to Toran, and the Brothers of the Crystal Star.
GrimBeard: "Sorry Ah'm late. You been waitin' long?"
Avan: "Not too long."
Avan: "If we were, we wouldn't have been waiting."
Rhavi: "For the aide of your fire stick, there is no such thing."
LW GM: The day is warm and bright, with a gentle breeze to keep the heat at bay. The rolling hills of the open pasturelands are easy to travel and you make good time in your first day.
LW GM: However, the sun is touching the distant mountains. Now might be a good time to find a inn or a campsite.
Levin would opt for a campsite, but he's more suited to the wild life than some.
[OOC] LW GM: Levin just doesn't want to fork over cash for a room. Chintzy.
[OOC] Dust: Dust would prefer to keep riding through the night, but it is rather inevitable that we will be set upon by bandits, and that the bandit chief will wear the darklords' severed heads as his sword fob.
[OOC] Rhavi: Inn it is then..we can fight the bandits and be warm and dry
[OOC] Levin: You've a druid; foul weather is unlikely. :p
[OOC] Dust: Are there any inns close by?
Rhavi: "is no one else alarmed by the setting sun and no campsite?"
Avan: "Not I." But Avan is looking around for a campsite nonetheless.
LW GM: About a mile back you passed a small country inn.
Levin: "Nor I." His eyes also scan the countryside.
GrimBeard: "Naw, Ah'm fer whatever."
Rhavi shrugs
Rhavi: "Lead on, you land walking folk, you…"
[OOC] Avan: Do we need to roll?
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone make a roll. Add your rank if you have hunting or the equivalent.
[OOC] Rhavi: Ha.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10-1: 4 (4)
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi just discovered grass is softer than rock. He suggest you sleep on grass instead.
Avan rolled up 1d10-1: 2 (2)
[OOC] LW GM: Avan is overjoyed at Rhavi's suggestion.
Dust rolled up 1d10+5: 14 (14)
Levin rolled up 1d10+5: 14 (14)
[OOC] LW GM: oookaaayyy. Chessa's in a mood.
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10-1: 4 (4)
LW GM: Almost simultaneously Levin and Dust both discover a previously used campsite, complete with stashed provisions (so no 'eat a meal or else' message).
[OOC] LW GM: Note, you both discover the same campsite. Not one each.
[OOC] LW GM: GB, it's kinda pointless now, but roll anyway.
Levin: "Folks, we've found our rest stop. And the previous occupants were lazy bums."
Avan nudges his horse over. "Then let us leave it in better condition than we found it."
Levin cleans out the firepit, gathers more firewood-being a druid, he's more able to find squaw wood than even Dust, and faster, too.
Dust dismounts and tethers his horse at a well-placed tree. "Should be enough food to get through the night. Rest up."
[OOC] GrimBeard: GB already rolled. Got a 4
Rhavi sets up the bedroll and eats, throwing a piece of the meal to his hound
Avan checks the supplies, sniffing them for poison or rot.
[OOC] LW GM: Ah. Sorry, I missed it.
[OOC] LW GM: Avan finds that the poison has rotted away, leaving the food intact. Such is the glory of Kai and Chess… Ishir. Glory of Ishir. Totally Ishir.
LW GM: Avan finds the food suitable and untainted.
Soon, Levin has a fire going for the evening meal, and so on. "So…watch schedules."
Rhavi: "I'll take the first watch."
Avan: "Same."
[OOC] LW GM: So are you doubling up on 1st watch, or are you in contention?
Levin: "I will take third watch."
[OOC] Rhavi: I would say double
[OOC] Avan: Doubling.
[OOC] Avan: 5 people = 2/1/2
Avan meditates on Ishir as the food cooks.
[OOC] LW GM: All right.
GrimBeard: "Ah'll take wutever is left Boss."
Rhavi: "So second watch it is, Master Grimbeard."
[OOC] Dust: Is that Ishir? Or is Avan shifting pantheons on us?
Dust glances over. "Second watch, leaving Grimbeard with Levin."
[OOC] Avan: *Ishir
[OOC] Avan: …GM's misspelling throwing me off. >_<
Rhavi: "AS you wish, Master Dust"
[OOC] Levin: Bad GM.
Levin serves up the evening meal; bowls of hearty stew and warmed waybread.
LW GM: You make camp quickly and settle in for the night. The sounds of the night soon lull you to sleep and you awaken refresdhed and ready to face whatever challenge Naar throws at you today.
[OOC] LW GM: In other words, Levin's meal was so boring that it knocked you right out. Druid can't tell nightshade from potatoes.
LW GM: Dawn crests the horizon and you awake.
Avan wakes up with dreams of nightshade soup. Mmm, delicious. But could the others stomach it?
[OOC] Dust: Nightshade, miso, its all about the same really.
[OOC] Avan: To someone who's immune to poisons? Yes. He's deliberately not making some of his home specialties for you.
Avan performs his morning duties, then checks the horses.
Levin has breakfast ready along with the dawn. Oatmeal seasoned with cubed pork, mmm.
Rhavi wrinkles his nose at the contrasting smells, but cedes the day to his growling stomach
GrimBeard gets up as soon as the sun rises to avoid being dunked in the water.
[OOC] Dust: The night was nice and quiet, then?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. Peaceful even.
[OOC] Dust: We screwed up somewhere, then.
[OOC] Avan: Yes.
[OOC] Rhavi: Stupid belladonna Stupid druid…
Avan was talking into the night with Rhavi - softly - about the places he's seen, and life at sea.
[OOC] LW GM: If only one of you had gotten a 14, I might have done something, but /two/ of you did…
[OOC] LW GM: also I don't want to start a combat this late in the session.
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone ready to head out then?
Rhavi: "I still think that you should sign on when this is done, Avan. There are a lot of places that you can only get to by sea." he swallows a yawn and packs his roll up.
[OOC] Dust: Yeah.
Rhavi mounts Glue-waiting-to-happen
Dust mounts up and rides out.
Levin mounts up once he's cleaned up the camp.
GrimBeard mounts up last, so as to take up the rear watch again.
LW GM: The ride from the camp is not as smooth as the ride to it. The road is beginning to fall into disrepair in sections, and only the woodlore of Avan and Dust manage to keep you on it. You pass several vacant towns. Ghost villages, with not a living soul within.
Avan mounts up after double-checking Levin's cleanup.
[OOC] LW GM: swap those two
Rhavi: "This does not bode well. What happened here?"
[OOC] Dust: Ghost villages. Delightful.
[OOC] LW GM: Well, that's what you get for stoping in a shadowland at night.
Avan scans the villages as they pass. Signs of violence? Scent of plague?
[OOC] LW GM: Is that the sound of a potential investigation I hear?
Dust: "It would seem the troubles are not limited to southern Sommerlund."
[OOC] LW GM: And so close to the Kai Monastery.
[OOC] Dust: Are we into the Fyrelund Forest yet?
[OOC] LW GM: Relatively speaking at least.
Rhavi looks for signs of the darklanders, a fallen gauntlet or weapon, an arrow or insignia.
Levin scans for plaguesign.
[OOC] LW GM: @Dust no.
GrimBeard looks around, readying his gun and waiting for signs of an ambush.
LW GM: There does not seem to be any sign of violence, and the doors are mercifully blank of plaguesign.
Levin: "No signs of plagues…"
Avan: "Dust, this is your land. What is the custom for your order when confronted with this sort of situation?"
LW GM: There are rooms with meals half eaten on them. This is recent enough that wild animals have not helped themselves yet.
[OOC] LW GM: Or the wild animals are all dead.
Levin: "Evacuation, I think. From what, though…?"
Dust: "We would investigate, if we have the time and resources to do so. Now, we have a difficult decision. This could, perhaps, be a greater threat than the demon. Herbalish, there is no sign of disease? This would not be the Cener's work?"
Levin: "As I said, no plaguesign. Which doesn't /necessarily/ mean there is no Cenerese activity, but it tends to point away from 'em."
Dust: "The most likely threat then would be the Naar's minions, from the west. Rarely are they so… clean, though, I would expect splatters of blood, bodies, broken doors and windows, all of which are curiously absent."
[OOC] LW GM: While the Cennar are most well known for their pioneering work in germ warfare, and most recently Spider-breeding, this /could/ still be Cennar activity. However, the Cener are not known for buring or taking away the bodies of their victims.
[OOC] Dust: It doesn't fit the MO or giaks though, right?
Avan: "Well. If there is no sign, there is no sign. Do we investigate?"
Dust dismounts. "For our own safety, we must. Though we cannot take long."
Avan: "As you wish." Avan does not dismount, using the horse's speed to carry him through the village, looking for signs.
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone make rolls, again adding your rank if you have a huntesque ability.
Rhavi dismounts, loosening his sword in its scabbard
Rhavi rolled up 1d10-1: 8 (8)
Dust rolled up 1d10+5: 10 (10)
Avan rolled up 1d10-1: 5 (5)
Levin rolled up 1d10+5: 7 (7)
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10-1: 4 (4)
LW GM: Several of you spot faint tracks leading out of the village, however, you soon loose the trail once you past the village outskirts.
[OOC] Dust: Which way do the tracks lead?
Rhavi: "What made those tracks?"
LW GM: The tracks are unquestionably human.
[OOC] Rhavi: Zombies attacking the monastery again? But we still haven't fixed the hole in the door from //last// time
LW GM: The tracks head north, deeper into the forest.
[OOC] Dust: Northwest, towards the monastery, northeast towards Tyso, or back towards the bridge?
[OOC] Dust: Also, tracking check?
[OOC] LW GM: Sure.
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 8 (8)
LW GM: The trail picks up soon in the forest. There was rain recently and the mud has some very clear tracks.
[OOC] LW GM: logend soon.
[OOC] Levin: Now's a good point, actually…
Dust motions people over. "It continues…" Dust's eyes gaze into the forest, his gaze indicating the direction.
Avan: "Well, we were headed this way anyway."
Avan: "Now we have two reasons."
Rhavi: "Wherever these people are, this cannot be good."
Levin lets Dust take the lead, though he of course takes the second slot in the formation, so as to easily split off if needed.
GrimBeard nods in agreement.
Avan goes fourth, between Grimbeard and Rhavi.
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License