17 Mar 13

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: Rhavi and GrimBeard hoist the colors high and The Wavebreaker sets sail once again. Jorothers and Vangith (the second mate) are resting fitfully below deck. Hours pass as the sun descends from it's noon apex before you spy open water. And on the starboard shore is a large bustling port town, certainly where Captain Lorands mentioned would be the best place to restock GrimBeard with his mysterious Boom Powder.
Rhavi steers the Wavebreaker in to the dock.
Levin 's herblore has done its usual bang-up job of healing bang-ups.
LW GM: The dock hands move to help moor The Wavebreaker.
GrimBeard keeps watch in case of further assaults.
Rhavi: "We have wounded. Where is the medic?"
[OOC] LW GM: Is that to the dock-hands?
[OOC] Rhavi: yes
LW GM: The dock-hands give you directions to the nearest hospice.
Rhavi: "Dust and Levin, can you get the two of them there? I am sure there is a cart nearby. Grim, go find your ingredients. Avan, you stay and guard the ship long enough for me to get some basic supplies. We need to move quickly gentlemen, so let's be back here in two hours."
Dust nods.
Avan: "As you wish."
Avan sets to guard duty.
GrimBeard nods to Rhavi.
Rhavi checks Captain Lorands cabin for the ship's coffers
GrimBeard heads out in search of his boom powder.
LW GM: The deckhands loan Dust a rickety cart upon spotting the Kai green of his cloak.
[OOC] LW GM: GB, what are you doing to find the boom powder?
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, make a half rank roll.
Dust transfers the injured into the cart, as that is still better than being carried over his shoulder.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 4 (4)
[OOC] Rhavi: heh
[OOC] LW GM: Yep. Chessa's back.
Levin assists in relocating the injured to the cart, then guides the cart to the most reputable healer in town.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Looking around for an alchemy shop, wasn't that where the Captain said would be the best place to look, or am I mistaken?
LW GM: Rhavi fails to find anything of note in the Spartan captain's quarters.
Rhavi mutters a few oaths and vows to search the ship better later. A quick trip to the larder shows what he needs in water and food, and he is off to barter, beg and steal supplies for a journey.
LW GM: Between Levin and Dust you manage to manhandle the cart into the wealthier district of the port town. The clothes are of higher quality and in better repair than those worn by the deckhands at the docks.
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 6 (6)
LW GM: As you pull the cart past a knot of especially well dressed men, they react in surprise at Dust's green cloak.
[OOC] LW GM: Levin, make a half-rank roll.
Dust stays alert, searching the crowd. "Be wary, Levin."
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 8 (8)
LW GM: A man dressed a vermilion robe with a gaudy ring on his finger does not react with surprise, he reacts with alarm, though he makes an effort to mask it.
[OOC] LW GM: GB, that's right, so you're heading to the commerse section.
LW GM: GrimBeard makes his way to the commerce section of the town. A combination of asking for direction and following the smell of sulfur soon directs him to a street with apothecaries on either side.
LW GM: Rhavi does some math and finds that the ship is quite well stocked with provisions, more than enough to sustain you on your way back to Sommerlund.
LW GM: Rhavi's math however, is interrupted by an "Ahoy." from the docks.
GrimBeard looks around for one that might have boom powder specifically
Rhavi smiles faintly and then starts making emergency packs with meals, water and other sustainables
Levin doesn't react to the poorly-disguised alarm, but he does make a mental note and gives Dust a gesture indicating the man unobtrusively.
Rhavi stuffs a bag until there is one for each person
LW GM: GrimBeard finds a likely shop and enters. Inside, he is treated to a welcome surprise, another dwarf is manning the counter.
GrimBeard smiles.
GrimBeard: "'ello. Fine day out."
LW GM: Rhavi's preparations are interrupted by another "Ahoy." from the dock.
Rhavi uses the time to check Jorothers and Vangith's cabins
Rhavi heads to the deck
Rhavi: "Can we help you?"
Dust nods back to Levin, directing him towards the hospice.
Levin guides the cart thataway while the Kai Lord does Kai Lord things.
LW GM: A group of men armored in steel curiasses answer Rhavi, "You can. I am Captain Coleg of the port of Darsthar. May I ask who you are?"
Rhavi: "Vashir, first mate to this ship."
Grimbeard: "Business goin' good fer ya?"
LW GM: The robed men soon leave after the novelty of a Kai Lord visiting their port wears off. The danger Dust sensed definitely came from the group, though he could not pin point which one, if it was only one, it came from. Still, Dust has no reason to question Levin's instincts.
LW GM: The apothecary turns to look at GrimBeard's voice and his face splits into a wide smile of pleasure. "By Bor, I haven't seen one of my people in a decade. What can I do for you good sir?"
Grimbeard smiles.
Grimbeard: "It feels tha' long fer me, too sir!"
Grimbeard: "Ahm fresh outta boom powda'. Ya got any ta spare?"
Captain Coleg: "Really? First mate? And what happened to my good friend Jorothers?"
Rhavi: "We just carted him to the medic. Ask them." He motions to the dock hands. "We were set upon on the river and he and Vangith are wounded."
LW GM: Levin and Dust soon manage to make their way to the hospice.
[OOC] LW GM: Glad I named him when I did.
Levin hangs back to unobtrusively monitor the hospice's practices to ensure they're up to par.
Dust enters the hospice, flagging down a worker.
LW GM: The apothecary's face falls slightly. "Ah, none made I'm afraid. I can sell you the ingredients to make your own though."
LW GM: The staff of the hospice swiftly and expertly move Jorothers and Vangith into beds. Levin finds no real fault in their technique. Basic, even rustic, but competent.
Levin nods his approval to Dust.
Captain Coleg: "Ah that must have been quite a battle. Still there is one other little matter that you can help me with. You see… why is a courier ship of his majesty flying the colors of the pirate Rhavi, who's description you bear a more than passing resemblance to?"
[OOC] Dust: Are the wounded awake?
[OOC] LW GM: Between their wounds and Levin's medicine, no.
Rhavi: "To save me the trouble of having to come find you to report all of this. And it seems to have worked."
Rhavi: "And, I will have you know, that Rhavi is more of a freedom fighter than a pirate really…"
Grimbeard: "That'll do, ma friend. Appreciate it."
Dust acquires some paper, scribbling a brief note on how Jorothers and Vangith came to this state, and a note that they are to send word to the Kai Monastery when they awaken.
[OOC] Dust: Of course, I know they're going to die as soon as Dust/Levin turn around… that's just how it works.
[OOC] LW GM: No no, they're good. They didn't break the five minute rule.
[OOC] Levin: As in, on-screen for more than 5 minutes? :V
LW GM: The apothecary gives you a sweet deal. It still wipes you out financially, taking your last gold crown.
[OOC] LW GM: Well, on-screen and interacting with a Kai Lord for 5+ minutes while not being a member of the Brotherhood of the Crystal Star.
Levin heads back to the dock with the cart, transaction concluded.
[OOC] Dust: ….so guys, I'm thinking of changing my name to Typhoid Mary, whatcha think?
Avan is guarding the ship like his life depends on it. Or at least other peoples' lives he would generally prefer to save.
[OOC] LW GM: No no, you see, Kai is the god of the sun, and it's their own fault for flying too close to his happy minions.
[OOC] Rhavi: He can pitch in to the conversation if the need arises…
[OOC] LW GM: Okay, Dust and Levin are heading back (I think) and GB will be once he actually concludes his business). Does that sum up where everybody is?
[OOC] Levin: Yup.
[OOC] Dust: Yes.
[OOC] Rhavi: Yes
[OOC] LW GM: Oh, and Avan's at the ship eating caramel popcorn, and Rhavi is in the special hell.
[OOC] Avan: Pretty much.
Grimbeard: "Thank ya, ma friend. I appreciate this moren' you know. If'n I had more time, Ah would talk to ya more."
Captain Coleg: "Ah. And where is Captain Lorands?"
Rhavi grimly shakes his head
Rhavi: "He did not make it."
Captain Coleg: "Ah, so you admit to murder as well as piracy."
Rhavi: "I admit to none of that. The ship was set upon, the crew was injured, and are being cared for, and the captain did not make it, Ishir bless his soul"
Rhavi: "I am quite certain that if you were to do your job and double check everything with the dock hands you will know that we are not lying."
Captain Coleg: "But that's the thing. I believe you. If you told a lie, I must have missed it. I believe the ship was set upon and the crew wounded. I just happen to know that it was you who set upon it."
[OOC] LW GM: And by he must have missed it, I mean I lost it in the four plot threads I'm dealing with.
Rhavi: "Then you are wrong. Why bother to stop at a port to tend wounded when we have no need to?"
[OOC] Rhavi: How many guards are there? How well armed?
Captain Coleg: "I admit that is a mystery. Still I am quite certain that if I ask you many times, you will come up with an answer that satisfies me. The pirate Rhavi, in addition to looking much like yourself, is suppose to have a quick wit and a gift for discerning…. hidden truths…"
[OOC] LW GM: There are four guards are they are armed with crossbows and short swords. Captain Coleg is carrying a broad sword.
Rhavi: "He sounds like a handsome and dashing freedom fighter. I imagine that he would not see anything of note here though."
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, make a half rank roll.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
[OOC] Rhavi: What does that compute to is CS?
LW GM: A man in vermilion robes attempts to approach the ship, but is warded off by one of the guards. There is a short argument and you hear the guard call the robed man 'mayor'.
[OOC] LW GM: It doesn't. CS and your weapon has zero relation unless the weapon is magic.(or you have a weapon skill discipline)
Rhavi: "Ah Mr. Mayor, how nice of you to join us, please join our conversation."
[OOC] Rhavi: Right forgot that
LW GM: The mayor gives you a look of pure hatred and you do not need a Kai's senses to know he wants you dead.
[OOC] LW GM: i.e. I didn't want to make you roll to figure it out and have chessa give you a negative number. Because she totally would.
Rhavi smiles beatifically at the man
[OOC] Levin: It means 'like a saint', not 'like the most winsome whore in the land'. :V
[OOC] Rhavi: There is a difference…?
[OOC] Levin: Yes. One gives you an innocent cant, the other gives you a quite jaded cant. :p
Captain Coleg: "Now then, mister Vashir, please come down off the ship so that we can question you without all this shouting."
Rhavi: "You mean where you can reach me? I think that the good captain, Ishir bless his soul, would prefer me to stay right where I am guarding this ship."
Rhavi: "I don't mind a little shouting. So Mr. Mayor! what brings you down to these parts?"
LW GM: Captain Coleg sighs. "I really was hoping that this could be avoided, but obviously it can't be. Men! Kill him."
Levin and Dust have presumably reached the dock by now. "Trouble. And not our kind, either, unless he has a demon problem."
Rhavi: "My thoughts exactly…"
LW GM: The guards raise their crossbows and take aim at Rhavi.
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License