18 Nov 12

LW GM: The light of Rhavi's lantern shows the worked walls of the tunnel deeper into what was once a place held sacred by Naar. Mosaics depicting horrible atrocities stand on either side of you. All around you can feel the remnants of Naar's hate. There are seemingly no branching paths, and the tunnel continues beyond the circle of light of your lantern.
Avan goes on in.
Rhavi: "How far is it, Kanden?"
Avan does not, however, go beyond the light.
Rhavi keeps pace with Avan to share the light.
[OOC] Dust: Looks like we're either a) running like scared forest elves, b) going down the tunnel, c) attempt to disbelieve or d) look for secret doors.
[OOC] Avan: Let's try B? It's simple.
Kanden: "Not too far. Most of the side tunnels were sealed over so it should be a straight shot."
Levin: "I wouldn't count on them remaining sealed, knowing our adversary."
Rhavi: "Of course," he murmurers. "because everything goes our way."
Kanden: "I haven't been here in years though. I can't help but think I'm forgetting something."
Avan: "With luck, it may forget us in turn."
Rhavi: "That is not a comforting thought. On either count."
[OOC] LW GM: Are you going down the ominous tunnel deeper into Naar's lair… I mean temple. I totally mean temple?
[OOC] Rhavi: ^ yes.
[OOC] Avan: I am if the light source comes along.
[OOC] Levin: Do we have a choice?
[OOC] Levin: As far as completing our mission goes, I mean.
[OOC] Dust: We can let the light source move on and get eaten by a grue. Technically, that's a choice (to fail).
[OOC] Avan: We can choose to fail. Or we can look for side/secret passages when we've been told the obvious path leads to our destination.
[OOC] LW GM: Of course. You can chuck the entire mission and either try to handle the demon on your own, or even say screw it and go find a tropical beach some where. You got *choices*.
Avan keeps moving forward, escorting Rhavi from the front.
Rhavi holds the light a little higher for the others as he follows Avan along the tunnel
LW GM: As you go further down the tunnel you notice it gets colder and colder. You find yourselves rubbing your arms to keep them warm and can see your breath mist in the lantern light. "Ah, yes. This is what I was forgetting." , says Kanden.
Rhavi: "The cold?"
Kanden: "Yes. We never learned why it got so cold so quickly in this temple, and desecrating the temple didn't seem to have any effect on it."
Levin: "…And of course we didn't have time to grab our warm undies."
LW GM: The tunnel opens up into an antechamber with a raised altar on it. The altar has been sundered into two pieces. Atop the sundered altar is an ark that glows with a soft white light.
Kanden: "That's it. That's what you're here for. Inside that ark are the Weapons of Ishir."
Rhavi proceeds to the light
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 6 (6)
Dust stretches out an arm, catching Rhavi's shoulder and pulling him back.
Levin: "Is it not what it seems, Dust?"
LW GM: As Dust pulls Rhavi back, a claw materialises before him and swings, barely missing. The claw is soon joined by the rest of the creature, a Vordak.
[OOC] Avan: CS?
Levin draws his sword. "Ah. Ambush."
[OOC] LW GM: CS 22
Avan springs into action, snapping his handbolt out even as the creature finishes stepping in from wherever it was concealed.
[OOC] LW GM: No surprise round.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -3 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -10 (with some x2 BoF damage - at least the Vordak will be warmed, briefly.)
LW GM: Avan's strike flies true, but the flames of Ishir are put out before they strike the Vordak. ((no x2 damage))
[OOC] Dust: GrimBeard is next, I think? Then the Vordak, then Dust and on down the line?
[OOC] LW GM: Ayup.
Levin 's stance takes on a decidedly feral cant…
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License