23 Sept 12

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: Dust has just arrived at the Brotherhood tower. Meanwhile, back on The Dauntless, Levin attempts to stabilize the Brotherhood courier while GrimBeard, Avan, and Rhavi look on.
Avan: "GrimBeard, we should not leave our party alone. How about Rhavi stays with Levin while we make sure Dust is not waylaid further?"
Dust pauses a moment, senses alert, scanning the area for danger, before entering the tower.
[OOC] Avan: -that
Rhavi: "How about Grim stays with Levin, and I will join you, Avan? Master Grim is best equipped to handle trouble if Levin needs it."
Avan is by the railing, motioning for Rhavi to get moving so we can be on our way to Dust before he gets jumped again.
LW GM: Dust does not sense any danger.
GrimBeard: "Ah'm up fer either. Ah just wanna help."
Rhavi leaps the railing, grabbing the anchor rope and swinging to the ground
[OOC] Rhavi: swinging
[OOC] LW GM: No. Singing. Line Dancing is next.
Avan does likewise, bouncing from building to building to slow his fall instead of using the rope.
Rhavi races along the avenue, dodging pedestrians and merchants alike, constantly scanning for the most likely spots for ambush.
Levin 's focusing on his herblore and the unfortunate fellow.
Dust pauses only briefly at the front desk before darting up the steps, heading for the guild-master's office.
Avan is just making for the office, keeping Rhavi in sight and confident in speed to whip past any ambushes for them - and in any ambushes having been sprung upon Dust instead.
LW GM: The tower is just waking up. It is open but not everyone is yet at their posts. The front desk is vacant.
GrimBeard keeps guard, looking out for any trouble that might arise.
[OOC] Levin: not sure how you're able to keep me in sight when I'm not even on that trip…
[OOC] Dust: Avan, did you leave one of your eyes to spy on Levin?
[OOC] Dust: Again?
[OOC] Avan: -Levin +Rhavi
LW GM: The courier suddenly grabs Levin's wrist. He opens his mouth and tries to say something, but all that comes out is a soft hiss.
Levin: "Hmm?" He slips a pad of paper under the man's other hand and an inked quill into that hand's fingers.
[OOC] Rhavi: Let me know when we get here
[OOC] Rhavi: There
LW GM: Avan and Rhavi's mad dash to the tower is largely free of pedestrians. It is still early, and the streets are not as congested as they had been yesterday.
Avan barely slows down at the desk, knowing which way Dust would have gone.
Rhavi follows Avan's sense of direction
LW GM: Dust rushes up the stairs to the guild-master's office. Only a flash of intuition saves him from death as a thrust from a shadow stops just short of his chest. "Well," the clerk at the front desk yesterday says as he assumes a fighting stance, "I suppose I would have to deal with your order eventually. Now is just as well. Save me time."
LW GM: The clerk looks a lot bigger than you remember.
[OOC] Dust: Any flash of insight about him being, say, a Helghast, and therefore running at top speed is the best option?
[OOC] LW GM: CS 23. Rhavi and Avan will get there in three rounds. Beyond the standard mortal danger, you do not get any additional sense of supernatural evil on him.
LW GM: The courier pulls Levin close and whispers into his ear, "Ithia. The reception clerk. Drakkan."
Dust drops his shield into his off hand, spinning at the last moment to avoid the dagger, then drawing steel. "You are outmatched, and unless I miss my guest, soon to be outnumbered. You cannot win. Surrender."
[OOC] Dust: Waiting for his response, but I expect he's already moved to engage?
LW GM: The clerk gives you a tight smile and moves to engage ((Note: He's engaging you.)).
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 0 Player: -6 Enemy: -1
[OOC] Dust: Today, Chessa clearly is not my friend. Any reason why I wouldn't be at full END, before that roll?
[OOC] LW GM: And so Chessa displays her loyalty to Lord Naar!
[OOC] LW GM: You were at full.
Rhavi the distant sound of steel reaching his ears, Rhavi loosens his weapons in their scabbards
[OOC] Dust: And to make it go quicker, should I just do the next two rolls?
[OOC] Dust: Or is his blade poisoned or such?
[OOC] LW GM: Also no shenanigans like poison or double damage, and yeah do the next two rolls.
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 6 Player: -2 Enemy: -7
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -10
[OOC] Rhavi: Or you could always kill him before we arrive
[OOC] Dust: No, no, Chessa's loyalty is to Chessa.
LW GM: The Clerk is bleeding from several wounds, some of them quite deep, when Dust hears running footsteps behind him.
[OOC] Rhavi: waiting for narrative post before engaging, not that I go first anyway
[OOC] Rhavi: Like that one, yes
Dust a faint smile touches his lips. "Your time is over. Last chance: Surrender."
[OOC] Avan: No shenans on Avan's roll, if he engages?
[OOC] Avan: Or are standard opening shenans allowed? Since he sees Dust in combat, precisely what he was worried about.
LW GM: The clerk looks up, and give a wordless snarl before he turns to run ((one free round of attacks with no possibility of taking damage (except from your own techniques).))
[OOC] Dust: Avan would go first?
[OOC] Rhavi: I imagine so
[OOC] Dust: Presumably launching a bolt over Dust's shoulder with his auto-9?
[OOC] Avan: Yes. Just waiting for the go ahead.
Avan launches HIMSELF over Dust's shoulder, thank you kindly. He has the momentum.
[OOC] LW GM: Go ahead.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -10 (And yes, Biting Fire for double damage)
Dust drops his shoulder down, taking a half crouch for… whoever. No sixth sense flare, and so no danger.
Rhavi slows down next to Dust just long enough to be sure that he is able bodied, and then launches himself into a long slide, cutting at the backs of the fleeing man's legs.
LW GM: The clerk growls a word that unpleasantly reverberates deep in Avan's chest and the fire goes out before it strikes.
[OOC] Rhavi: Do I get the +2 for additional engagement?
[OOC] Dust: I think he's dead.
[OOC] LW GM: If you have a ranged attack. And no he's not.
[OOC] Rhavi: Not from ranged, from Avan already having him engaged.
[OOC] LW GM: No, you aren't in melee range. You can't attack unless you have a ranged attack.
Rhavi whips a throwing knife at the man as he is too far away
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 8 Player: -2 Enemy: -7
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -7 RNT: 7 Player: -3 Enemy: -6
Rhavi: Sorry, retcon second roll, blood tempest is melee only
LW GM: Rhavi's knife bites deep into the clerk's already wounded shoulder. He's still turning to run.
[OOC] Dust: That would make it my roll then? And where is he running to, up the steps?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes, your roll.
Dust rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 1 Player: -5 Enemy: -2
Dust clicks his tongue. "Persistent, if nothing else."
LW GM: Dust makes a wild strike that would leave him wide open in any other conflict, but only manages a small scratch across the man's back as he runs a short ways up the stairs to a window, then leaps out of it.
[OOC] LW GM: Just to show that bad guys can jump down to.
Rhavi: "Lucky us…"
Rhavi pursues him to the window, looking to find a safe ground before leaping
Dust sheathes his blade, glancing out the window and examining the scene to judge whether or not drawing his bow is worthwhile.
LW GM: Rhavi looks out, but can find neither a safe way to jump down, nor any sign of their adversary.
Rhavi: "Bloody hells! He's gone!"
Dust turns back to the Guild-master's door. "Tracking him will take too long. Regretfully, he is not a priority."
Dust knocks on the door before entering.
Avan: "Indeed." Avan flicks his handbolt clean, glad that he held onto it this time.
[OOC] Dust: Go go gadget rune wards!
Avan: "The Brotherhood can track their own. We have a schedule to keep."
Rhavi: "Bastard still has my knife," he mutters as he heads toward the door.
LW GM: The Guild-master is slightly bleary eyed when he answers the door. "Oh, what are you still doing here? I thought you would have left already?"
Dust: "There is no time. Your courier was ambushed, the amulets stolen. The Cenner are in the city, now. We cannot delay our departure, so it falls to you to secure the city. Immediately."
Rhavi: "And you have traitors in your midst."
[OOC] Rhavi: have
Dust: "After that, ready the Brotherhood for battle. If we fail in this mission, then you will have to stop the demon."
LW GM: The bleariness evaporates from his eyes at Dust and Rhavi's words. "Cenner? Traitors? Very well, we'll find them and deal with them. But you must find the weapons of Ishir. Go!" he commands.
Rhavi: "Already on the way…though now there are certain technical difficulties."
Dust nods curtly. "Good luck, Guild-master." He turns to leave.
Rhavi starts off toward the docks at a trot until he see show Dust holds up
Guild-master: "Good luck to you. You will need it more that I, I suspect."
[OOC] LW GM: Because Chessa likes him.
Dust returns to the ship, avoiding the inevitable ambush.
Rhavi follows Dust's lead
LW GM: Captain Sornath, despite his promise to leave at first light, is waiting for you.
Sornath: "What happened?"
[OOC] Dust: Oh good, cause that would be awkward.
Dust: "The Cenner are in the city, and we must expect that they are ready to follow. Once we are on board, we must depart immediately."
Rhavi: "We are on our own. And we must leave now."
[OOC] LW GM: He left a note. "I have kidnapped your Herbwarden and will turn him over to the Cennar if you do not pay me the sum of.. one million crowns."
LW GM: Sornath has his crew begin preparations for lift off immediately.
[OOC] Dust: You know what? Keep him. Really. Its Levin. He'll bust out, shiv you all and bring /us/ the one million crowns. Levin. He's that badass.
Rhavi: "This does put us in a pickle though. Once we are under way it will be an easy guess as to our destination."
[OOC] Levin: GM poke re attempt to give the incommunicado courier a way to communicate
LW GM: Shortly you are flying through the air, much higher than you did on Drannan and Gelmar's ship.
Dust: "Such is as it is."
Dust: "Though, we cannot expect things to go as easily as they have in the past."
Avan is, despite himself, looking over the side in awe.
Rhavi: "Of course we can't."
[OOC] LW GM: It's possible this didn't get through because our connection is being emo, but [21:16] <LW_GM> The courier pulls Levin close and whispers into his ear, "Ithia. The reception clerk. Drakkan."
Rhavi watches how the crew handles the ship, comparing it to flying a sea vessel
[OOC] Levin: Aha.
LW GM: The courier is currently unconscious, but resting comfortably in Levin's care.
[OOC] Dust: That's the down-side of cat's cradle.
[OOC] LW GM: Sorry. I should have made sure it got through.
Levin leaves GrimBeard to watch over him, then heads out of sickbay et al. "The courier said three things while he was being treated. They are, in order: " Ithia. The reception clerk. Drakkan. ""
Rhavi: "Ithia? The other two are pretty obvious in hindsight."
Dust: "We met him. A curious sort, very stalwart. He escaped, but will take time to heal, I expect."
Levin: "Presumably the receptionist's name, yes. If all is well, when he awakens he will be ready for questioning."
Dust: "A shame that the poor man was dragged into this. He'll need to stay on the ship, but after the recent events it is safest to expect that there are traitors on board. Levin, your senses for that are honed, are they not? Keep us informed; I will go and mingle with the crew."
Levin: "I shall do my best."
[OOC] Dust: ….aaaaand searching the ship for /evil/.
Rhavi finds captain sornath
[OOC] LW GM: Congratulations, Dust found Rhavi.
[OOC] Rhavi: Hey now! You have no proof!
[OOC] Dust: Oh c'mon, everyone knows Rhavi's evil. I mean besides him.
Avan eventually recovers and begins looking around the ship proper, taking in how it all works.
LW GM: Captain Sornath finds Rhavi at more or less the same time. "All right, what's the situation?"
Rhavi: "We have been attacked and our carefully laid plans broken by a traitor. It is likely that we are being tracked at this moment. As for other concerns..Captain, if you have a place that you keep " special cargo " in, I would check it to be sure that there are no stow aways."
Levin casually cruises the ship, his inner eye peeled. In fact, if he could take a more circuitous route back to sickbay, he would.
Sornath: "I do not carry special cargo." he says. It's obvious the reply is reflexive.
Rhavi: "I would not imply that you would, Captain. Just that if there are any places that someone could hide in unobtrusively, it would be wise to check them."
Sornath: "I take your meaning, and will see to it. What of the injured man? He is welcome on the ship, but this is not a hospice."
Rhavi: "A poisoned man. One who will be turned loose at the first available opportunity."
Rhavi leaves the captain to it and keeps an eye on the crew
LW GM: Levin's somewhat circuitous journey to sickbay brings him into close proximity to most, if not all, of the crew. But if any of them are conspiring with dark forces, they are concealing it beautifully.
Rhavi tracks down GrimBeard
GrimBeard: "'ello Boss."
Rhavi: "Good morning, Master grim. How is the watch?" he motions to the unconscious man.
GrimBeard: "Good s'far. Nuthin to write home abou'"
Rhavi: "How long does it take to make one of your impressive bombs?"
GrimBeard: "Like tha one aye used on the undead?"
Rhavi: "Yes."
LW GM: Captain Sornath comes up behind Rhavi. "Captain Rhavi. I personally inspected every possible hiding place aboard The Dauntless and found no stow aways but I did find something else. If you could gather your crew, I think this is something you all should see."
[OOC] Dust: We have a crew?
Rhavi nods "I'll gather them down here then"
Sornath: "Right."
Rhavi: "Master Grim, it may be best to be prepared…"
Rhavi takes a turn around the ship gathering the others and bringing them back to the courier
[OOC] LW GM: *note to self: replace appropriate @LW_GMs with Sornath
Avan comes up behind Sornath coming up behind Rhavi - and thus follows Rhavi around, gathering people up.
Levin 's back in sickbay by the time Rhavi returns.
GrimBeard: "Depends on tha size, Boss, ifn' ya wan anythin' special. Tha bein said, maybe aroun 20 minutes or so dependin on wha yer askin' fer."
Rhavi: "Probably nothing as large as what was used on the skeletons…enough to make any pursuit think twice."
Rhavi turns to the captain
Rhavi: "What was it that you wanted to talk to use about, Captain Sornath?"
[OOC] Avan: *us
LW GM: After Rhavi gathers the group, Sornath leads them into one of the cargo holds. he takes down one of the leather tarps hanging on the wall, used to help the cargo stay steady in rough… air. Etched onto the now uncovered wall is a runic circle. "I have no idea when that got there or how, or even what it means."
Rhavi: "Levin, can you read it?"
Rhavi: "Dust?"
Avan sees if he recognizes it from his travels.
[OOC] Dust: Can I?
Levin examines it, after noting his lack of evil vibes for the record.
[OOC] LW GM: Levin can make a half rank roll to identify it. Dust can make a straight roll.
Levin rolled up 1d10+2: 4 (4)
[OOC] Levin: fuck you bitch
Dust rolled up 1d10-1: 5 (5)
[OOC] LW GM: It says there's unsecured wi-fi here.
LW GM: Both Levin and Dust have had ample opportunity recently to brush up on the Cenner runes, and this is not Cenner. Neither Dust nor Levin actually recognize it, but if they had to guess they would guess Darklands.
Levin: "Probably Darklands. It's not something I recognize, either way."
Rhavi: "Can you erase it?"
Dust shakes his head. "Nothing I recognize. I would say not Cenner, and nothing more specific."
LW GM: Sornath blanches at Rhavi's question. The symbols are etched into the hull, and any attempt at such an erasure could possibly weaken it.
Rhavi: "This does not bode well…Captain, who could have gotten on your ship and put this here?"
[OOC] Rhavi:
[OOC] LW GM: GrimBeard. Make a half rank roll
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5)
[OOC] LW GM: -1 because… -1, so 4
[OOC] Avan: Because 0-9 is not 1-10.
[OOC] GrimBeard: My bad
LW GM: GrimBeard glances out a porthole, and does a double take. Off in the distance are some dots. Yes. They're not tricks of the light or your eyes, there are definitely dots following the ship. And you can't be absolutely certain, but you think they might be getting closer.
[OOC] LW GM: Is cool.
GrimBeard taps Rhavi.
Rhavi: "Hm?"
GrimBeard points at the dots.
GrimBeard: "Boss, do ya see wha I see?"
LW GM: With GrimBeard pointing them out, Rhavi thinks he sees what GrimBeard is talking about..
Rhavi: "Start making bombs, Master Grim. We have company coming to brunch."
GrimBeard: "I think somethin is followin' us"
LW GM: ***END LOG***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License