24 Mar 13

LW GM: Rhavi stands alone on the deck of The Wavebreaker, facing down the crossbows of Darsthar's guards. They do not seem to have noticed Avan yet, and Rhavi has wisely not drawn attention to him. Dust and Levin are only a turn around a corner away ((one round)) while GrimBeard is taking the rare opportunity to have a conversation with one of his people ((three rounds)). The Mayor is well out
LW GM: of the way of the guards, looking at Rhavi with a satisfied smirk on his face as he see the guards prepare to take deadly action, Rhavi must have pirated one of his ships in the past, thought there have been so many no one could fault him for not remembering.
Rhavi laughs
Rhavi: "If those quarrels fly the mayor dies."
Rhavi stands casually on the deck, leaning against the railing with both hands.
Avan stays where he is, nonchalantly planning how to murder those who have self-identified as hostiles from longer practice than he believes is polite to admit in these parts.
Rhavi: "You see, while the rest of you are busy with me, I can guarantee that those red robes are very thin, very flammable, and not nearly enough to save you, Mr. Mayor."
LW GM: The mayor draws himself up haughtily. "That may well be true, but if so it will be my great pleasure to great you in hell, for you will follow me soon after."
LW GM: Levin and Dust turn the corner and are entirely unsurprised to find the city guards ready to kill Rhavi.
Rhavi: "How brave of you to gamble your life and the life of your men. Seriously, he is not paying you enough for this, Captain."
Levin: "Huh. It's that guy who reacted with alarm," Levin murmurs to Dust.
Rhavi: "I wonder…are your men so bold as to gamble with your life as you are with theirs?"
Rhavi stand with his arms akimbo
Rhavi: "Take your shot then if you wish to see your mayor die. To have his blood on your hands on your watch. you may as well slit your own wrists first."
[OOC] LW GM: Good thing you're arms akimbo. Because your arms yojimbo isn't here yet.
[OOC] Dust: Is Avan in view? And there's no Grimmanation as of yet?
[OOC] LW GM: No GB, and you see Avan who is not currently involved in the fight beyond being a spectator.
Avan is making no effort to be hidden from those on the ship, as he monitors the situation on the port.
LW GM: Captain Coleg waves at two of his guards to drag the mayor away, who is putting up a bit of resistance but not too much.
Avan picks up a rock and throws it somewhere behind the guards, aiming to make some noise and have them attack empty space.
Rhavi: "Avan, if they shoot at me, please kill the man in red?"
[OOC] LW GM: Hello palm. It's me, face. We've got to stop meeting like this.
Rhavi: "And now there are three of you, and the mayor is still in range. Captain Coleg, let us settle this as reasonable men. Jorothers and company are being tended to, I did not steal this ship…you can have it if you want it, but this does not have to get messy."
LW GM: Captain Coleg smiles thinly. "Oh I'm sure he's in range of your arm, but there's a nice big solid building between him and you. And I rather doubt your arm is quite *that* good."
Captain Coleg: "This really is your last chance. It only takes one quarrel to kill a man after all. Step down off the ship and into my custody."
Rhavi: "Ever seen a Telochi warrior kill something? I can assure you that while my arm is not that the mayor is in grave peril indeed."
Rhavi: "Your custody or the mayor's?"
Dust: "Rhavi, your mouth is digging you in deeper than you can handle. Look to that. Captain… Coleg, is it? I do not have time to waste on trifles. If there is a problem, state it concisely so we may be on our way."
LW GM: Captain Coleg blinks at that. "Mine, of course. Mayor Rathbourn is the mayor, but I am the captain of the guard."
Rhavi smiles faintly, shrugs and drops off of the Wavebreaker to land on the pier.
LW GM: Captain Coleg turns slightly and takes in Dust's Kai green cloak. "This man is wanted for high crimes of the sea, Sir Kai. He is to be arrested for piracy on sight."
Dust: "This man is in my custody, working off his debt to society by aiding me and my companions in a mission to save the Lastlands."
LW GM: GrimBeard rounds the corner and sees two guards pointing crossbows at his boss.
GrimBeard pauses, looks to Rhavi to see if he can give him some kind of silent direction.
Rhavi makes a subtle stand down motion
Dust: "He has wisely realized that, despite his previous actions, were my mission to fail then he will have little to do save die in increasingly creative and painful ways at the hands of enemies of all humanity."
Rhavi but stay back just in case
Avan: "Indeed." Avan finally flexes his weapons. "This man's comments come from his observations of what Master Dust has requested should he flee…for instance, accepting the custody of some authority other than Dust."
Avan grins.
Dust: "As you can therefore understand, I am in a hurry. Should the Lastlands not fall, I will be more than happy to drag him back here in irons personally. *After* my mission is completed."
LW GM: Captain Coleg turns fully to Dust. "This pirate is aiding a Kai Lord in his mission? On Durenor soil? Is my king aware of this?"
GrimBeard stands and waits to see what transpires.
Levin: "If it helps any, Captain, as an Herbwarden of Bautar I can confirm the Kai Lord's credentials and the threat he speaks of is a grave threat indeed."
Dust: "It is not my place to know the minds of kings. Certainly, if what I understand is correct, King Alin does not but hope that this mission be accomplished in all due haste."
Levin: "*And* I assure you that Jorothers has been taken to a hospice here in town for continued care. I'd be attending personally, but threats to humanity outweigh threats to my patients."
LW GM: Captain Coleg looks back and forth between Dust, Levin and Rhavi. ((Dust and Levin make a straight roll. Rhavi make a half-rank roll.))
Levin rolled up 1d10-1: 0 (0)
Dust rolled up 1d10-1: 7 (7)
[OOC] Levin: Goddamnit, Chessa.
[OOC] LW GM: That's not a Goddamnit, Chessa. That's a fucking christ, Chessa.
[OOC] Dust: Really? I thought it was Tuesday.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 8 (8)
[OOC] Avan: Nah, it's still Sunday.
LW GM: Captain Coleg's face hardens. "I am afraid not, my lord Kai. This man is wanted for piracy theft and murder against my king. However, with an Herbwarden's aid, I'm certain you will manage to carry on without him. Men, " he turns to his guards, "escort Rhavi to the cells."
Dust: "…Captain. If you take this man, you will declare yourself an enemy to my mission, to the Lastlands, and I will kill you."
Rhavi makes an annoyed sigh
GrimBeard tenses up, ready to grab for Bessie if need be.
Rhavi: "Captain, let us be blunt. You cannot take me anywhere I don't wish to go without causing a major incident and a lot of annoyance. Who brought you to my attention, and who has the most to gain from this?"
[OOC] LW GM: FYI, the guards do not have seem to have taken notice of GB yet.
Rhavi: "I am telling you the truth, I swear it by the green-cloak there. I just want to be on my way."
Rhavi: "Now, I want you and your men to return home to your families tonight. How can we all get what we want here?
Rhavi: here "
Captain Coleg: "And once again I believe you. I truly do believe you did not intend to come here and ransack the town, as you have others. That makes no difference to my duties. Come along quietly. Your colleagues can even come also to make sure you don't trip down the stairs as you settle in for your last meal and a nice rope-fitting."
[OOC] GrimBeard: How many total are there aside from my companions?
[OOC] LW GM: The two guards who removed the mayor from the scene are returning, so four plus Captain Coleg.
Rhavi: "I don't ransack towns. I liberate slaves. The rumors you hear come from the Darklands, Captain. But be that as it may…Dust, do you think that you can get the others away from here and continue on?"
[OOC] Dust: Can anyone besides Rhavi pilot that ship? Cause we're not walking back unless we want Bad End.
[OOC] LW GM: Any one? In a Port town? Absolutely. None of the other PCs though, and Rhavi is a known evil.
[OOC] Dust: Everyone in the town except for the guard captain is Schroedinger's helghast; whoever we choose as a captain is going to murder us. We at least know Rhavi's CS.
[OOC] LW GM: Fair enough.
Rhavi unbuckles his obvious weapons and hands them to Dust.
Levin: "You are making a grave mistake, Captain, and we have little time to waste to make your mayor happy."
Rhavi: "Get everyone on board."
Rhavi and in an aside for Dust alone "And be ready for when i come running"
Rhavi: "I'm not doing this for that scoundrel. I am doing this for the upstanding Captain here."
Rhavi: "We all have our parts to play..even if his is being a minor tool. At least he's a genuine tool."
LW GM: Captain Coleg gives Rhavi a suspicious look.
Rhavi smiles back
Captain Coleg: "I am fairly certain that is an insult. Well, never mind. We all must find something to occupy ourselves before your appointment."
Rhavi waves the man on
[OOC] Rhavi: man on
LW GM: One of the other guards prods Rhavi with the crossbow to get him moving, but gently.
GrimBeard looks to Rhavi and slowly shakes his head and mouths the word "No."
Dust draws his blade. "Captain, if it will save a great deal of time and effort, not to mention the lives of yourself and several of your men, we may perform a judicial duel. However, Rhavi is going to prep the ship to leave. Now. Because after whatever champion you declare is dead and this town's fine justice is satisfied, we will have wasted far too much time. However, should any of your guards…
Dust …take one more step, I will not hold back. "
Rhavi gives Grim the look that says Your Paycheck Says Yes.
[OOC] Rhavi: how close are we to the end of the pier and the water?
LW GM: Captain Coleg stops and stares at Dust for a moment. "I see. Well, I don't know how it is in Sommerlund, but in Durenor dueling to the death is illegal. Still, if you would care for a duel to first blood, I suppose I could accommodate you." He draws his blade.
[OOC] LW GM: CS 19
[OOC] Rhavi: can I just push the guy into the river?
Avan: "Dust, are you sure you wish for this duel to occur?"
Avan smiles.
Levin steps back, pulling his 'minor wounds' kit out as he does.
Rhavi sighs again, makes a small shrug to Grim and then motions to the captain and toward the water.
LW GM: The two guards keep Rhavi covered during the duel… just in case Rhavi tries something Rhavi.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Point of order, is he indicating push the captain in the water?
[OOC] Rhavi: Yes he is.
Avan: "If so, may I take on this labor for you?"
Rhavi: "So formal…there are three of them and more of us."
Avan: "Thus why I can understand their wish to keep their loss minimal."
Rhavi: "But by all means, kill the whelp. Unless he has someone else to step in?"
Dust speaks to Avan, but does not turn his gaze from the Captain's. "I would prefer it did not; it is an unnecessary expenditure of time, and risks further danger to the town should their Captain die. However, the good captain has chosen to leave us with few options."
Avan: "The terms were to first blood." Avan hops down onto the deck. "I intend to…try to…honor that."
Captain Coleg: "I will champion the town, my kingdom, and my king."
Avan: "Though my ways are not so easily blunted." Avan cracks his knuckles, as if ready for a fistfight. "It will be a challenge."
[OOC] Rhavi: I so want to kick him in the balls.
Avan: "Dust, as an observer, please signal when the match is to begin. That is your honor's way, correct?"
Captain Coleg: "I have no objections."
Dust lowers his blade. "If you wish to step in. Do not miss, Avan." Dust offers a half-smile, raising his sword. "Captain, Avan, are you prepared?"
Rhavi makes an irritated gesture to Grim to abort operation Dunk the Prig
Avan: "I am ready." Avan makes a fist.
Captain Coleg: "I am ready, sir Kai."
Rhavi watches for the returning mayor and company
Dust lowers his blade. "Duel."
Avan rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -12 (fistfight what fistfight that handbolt aims to disarm Coleg and take some skin with it, but no fire this time)
Avan is then behind Coleg, catching his handbolt before it can hit the ground.
Avan inspects his handbolt. "Blood. First."
Levin moves quickly, doing what he can to minimize blood loss.
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5) (Herblore.)
Dust turns to the Captain. "That is blood. Levin, in your capacity as an Herbalish, do you feel the Captain can continue the duel?"
LW GM: Captain Coleg looks down at the small cut across his arm and sighs. "Yes. Victory to you sir. Well done, truly." Coleg's face hardens, "Now take your pirate and do not return to this town, else not even the good word of the Kai will save him or any who shield him from justice."
[OOC] Rhavi: Is the Captain still standing after that?
Dust: "Be about your business, Rhavi."
[OOC] Avan: Should be. Wasn't a major wound.
[OOC] Dust: Apparently so.
Levin: "I don't see why it matters whether he can or not, given he specified 'first blood'."
[OOC] Dust: The captain has a name, therefore he has at least 20 END.
Avan walks back to the ship, picking up Coleg's sword and handing it back to him with a slight bow on the way.
Rhavi: "We're ready to depart as soon as everyone is on board."
Avan kneels at the edge of port to wash Coleg's blood off quickly, then boards.
Levin 's treatment, as it turns out, is just a small bandage with a small blob of ointment. He's quickly aboard the ship after, though.
Rhavi easily scales the side of the Wavebreaker to the foredeck
Dust: >Levin: "Many have asked for first blood, and not been satisfied by the result. However, few will continue to fight after an Herbalish declares them unfit for the field."
[OOC] LW GM: What Dust said. 29 in case anyone's curious.
Levin shrugs. "He's an honourable man. He's not satisfied with it, but he'll stand by his word."
Levin: "Now, let us make haste."
Avan: "Indeed, Sir Dust. I advise we leave immediately, as requested."
Rhavi: "Master Grim, cast us off on your way aboard."
Dust: "Yes. Prepare to depart."
[OOC] Rhavi: Grim
[OOC] Levin: 'disembark' means 'get off'.
[OOC] Levin: I assume you meant 'depart'?
[OOC] LW GM: git gone.
LW GM: The sails catch a strong breeze and within moments you have entered the Gulf of Durenor.
Rhavi returns below long enough to get the emergency packs ready
Avan: "Are we safely away?"
Rhavi: "As safe as we ever are."
GrimBeard nods to Rhavi.
Avan: "Then…might I inquire about these duels? I've heard of them, but never seen one myself before now."
GrimBeard: "Glad ya weren'na taken away, Boss."
Rhavi: "I would have left them behind, but thanks. Duels…I'll let Dust explain them since I have little and less use for them."
Dust: "They are a method of settling dispute, when logic and discourse fail but civility prohibits brawling in the street."
Avan: "…indeed. Does it not still reduce to who has the better warrior, though? And might the better warrior be guilty anyway?"
LW GM: Rhavi knows these waters well. It is possible to do a straight line between where you are now and Holmguard, between the islands of Kirlu and Mannon. Fortunately, Wreck Point is on the other side of Mannon.
Rhavi stays closer to the shore than is strictly necessary, counting on the ship's shallow draft to slow any pursuit. "
Dust: "You should have noticed by now, the better warrior does not always win."
Avan: "Indeed, indeed. That…somehow troubles me even more."
[OOC] LW GM: Untrue. In the end, Chessa always wins.
[OOC] Avan: Why do you think Avan is so troubled?
Dust: "That is as it should be."
Avan: "…"
Avan chuckles. "I see. Ahh, Ishir, sometimes…"
[OOC] LW GM: You see Ishir sometimes? You might want Levin to check you out then.
Levin: "There's a reason civilized cultures permit other forms of dueling, typically via reasoned debate."
Avan: "Indeed. I had thought to see more of that on my journey, perhaps bring some secrets of it home."
Levin: "Perhaps Dust could show you to a court of law in Sommerlund after this adventure's done."
Dust: "First, there must be a Sommerlund to return to. Rhavi, I fear it may take too long for a full accounting of your questionable history, but is there anything particularly damning we should be prepared for?"
Rhavi: "Stuffy places. Full of stuffy people."
[OOC] LW GM: Well, if that's in answer to Dust's question, that is both vague and ominous.
[OOC] LW GM: Nicely done.
Rhavi: "What I said was true. I don't ransack towns. I did my apprenticeship with a few questionable men, but after I obtained my ship I have been raiding the Darklands exclusively."
Dust: "Good. It is always best to speak the truth. Everything else becomes easier."
Rhavi: "The Darklanders have spread some rumors. No wonder people fear me…I just want hugs…"
Rhavi laughs
Levin: "Did you recognize the mayor? We saw him in town on our way to the hospice, and he showed alarm upon seeing us. Probably Dust more than myself, though-my order is not so famous in these parts."
GrimBeard: "Boss, could it be tha' someone wit' a grudge set those people upon ya?"
Avan shrugs and - quickly, briefly, but firmly - hugs Rhavi.
Rhavi: "oughf! Probably, Grim…probably."
Rhavi: "I have never seen our dear mayor Rathbourn before."
Levin: "Then I suspect he's an agent of Naar. Lovely."
GrimBeard: "Tis suspicious, timin' wise, ta say tha' least."
Rhavi: "And I expect that we will meet again."
Dust: "Naar's tendrils stretch far, but even untainted men bow to the influence of gold. It may not be related to us at all, simply a poor moment. That would be nice."
Rhavi: "Yes. And therefore doubtful."
Dust: "Indeed."
GrimBeard: "We're thinkin' all positive like now all of a sudden?"
Avan: "There are patches of dry land, no matter how small, amongst most any flood."
Dust: "One should try something new every now and again."
Rhavi: "Master Grim, do you have everything you need to make more powder?"
GrimBeard: "Tha ah do boss. Jus' need me some time ta make a batch."
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. GrimBeard's powder recipe is a kind of chowder.
Rhavi: "Then it would be best to take that time now, I think."
GrimBeard: "Agreed boss."
Dust: "Then I will meditate, and see what I can of what is to be."
GrimBeard nods to everyone.
GrimBeard: "See ya all in a bit."
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License