25 Nov 12

[OOC] LW GM: Okay, because our net crapped out mid-way through last session, in the middle of a fight no less, this is as much of a first post as you're going to get. Just as a reminder, you're dealing with a CS 22 Vordak and it is GrimBeard's turn.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Refresh my memory…to close quarters for shooting, right?
[OOC] LW GM: Close Quarters, yes. You can still gun-butt it though.
[OOC] GrimBeard: So that gives me my full CS as if I was shooting, right?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Thanks, sorry, forgot from last session.
[OOC] LW GM: Is cool. It's been a while.
GrimBeard attempts to use the butt of his gun to strike the beast in the side of what appears to be its face.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 6 Player: -1 Enemy: -10
LW GM: The gun strikes home with a resounding crack. GrimBeard nods to himself in satisfaction, until he notices frost on the end of his gun, and on his hands.
[OOC] LW GM: next
[OOC] LW GM: Which would be Dust I believe.
GrimBeard: "Watch ou' laddies! This be a cold beastie!"
Levin: "…You don't say."
Avan: "Thanks, but I'd guessed that."
[OOC] LW GM: Would that be when your flames went out during your attack last session?
Dust rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 2 Player: -4 Enemy: -4 (Dust slips to the far side, striking at the Vordak's exposed flank.)
Levin swings from the rear with a powerful blow…
LW GM: Dust blade bites deep into the Vordak's flank, nearly up to the hilt in fact. Unfortunately this brings Dust well within range of the chilling aura the undead creature emanates.
Levin rolled up Ratio: 1 RNT: 6 Player: -1 Enemy: -10
LW GM: This may be the first Vordak Levin has ever fought, but the only way you would ever know is if he told you so. Levin's strikes with the very tip of his weapon, both magnifying his force and minimizing his exposure to the deathly emanations of the undead. The vordak's skull sundered, he topples forward, but fades from this world before he hits the ground.
Rhavi dashes up to the recessed area careful to look closely before he reaches in.
GrimBeard follows Rhavi, making sure to guard their backs.
LW GM: Rhavi stands before the sundered altar and the ark upon it. The ark still glows with the soft, soothing white light it did when you first entered the chamber.
Rhavi uses the tip of his scimitar to flip the lid open
LW GM: The lid resists Rhavi's scimitar. It does not budge and Rhavi is afraid of damaging his weapon if he tries to use more force.
Rhavi: "Seems to be locked."
Dust takes a glance around the room for other threats, then, if none are detected, cleans and sheathes his blade.
Levin sheathes his sword and approaches the ark.
LW GM: Levin soon stands beside Rhavi and GrimBeard.
Avan keeps a watch everywhere but the ark. This is prime time for an ambush.
LW GM: Dust can neither see nor sense any other threats for the moment.
Levin considers a moment, then turns. "So, Kanden. Do we just open this with our hands, or is there something we need to do first?"
Sensing no other dangers, Dust moves towards the ark, giving Kanden a questioning glance.
Kanden: "I do not know. I have never seen it opened. However I suspect that the reason it didn't open when Captain Rhavi used his sword is because his sword is an inanimate object and therefor not inherently good or evil."
Levin steps forward and attempts to open it, then.
Rhavi stops and lets the pure of heart do his thing.
LW GM: The wood of the ark is pleasantly warm. Certainly warmer than it should be in the decidedly chill atmosphere of the temple. The lid slides back at Levin's touch and light pours forth from the interior. Levin can faintly see… objects through the light, but he can not identify them.
Levin reaches in and removes the first one he encounters.
LW GM: Levin reaches into the Ark and reveals a bowstring seemingly made from spun silk. It is perfectly sized for his bow.
Levin steps back and restrings his bow.
Dust glances inside the ark.
Rhavi cautiously reaches in as well, grabbing whatever comes to hand.
GrimBeard reaches in after the boss.
LW GM: Dust sees much the same thing Levin did.
LW GM: Rhavi reaches into the Ark and takes out a sliver of whet stone that shines with a white color. A single scrape along the edge of Rhavi's scimitar and the sliver vanishes into nothingness.
LW GM: GrimBeard reaches into the Ark and pulls out a musket sight made from white brass. It snaps easily into place on his musket.
GrimBeard smiles the smile of a fox who has been given free access to a henhouse.
Dust reaches inside the ark.
LW GM: Dust reaches into the Ark and removes a ring made from white brass. Not the sort that is worn on the finger, but slipped between a sword's hilt and it's pommel to change the balance between the blade and hilt. The ring slides smoothly over the pommel of Dust's sword and fixes itself in place.
[OOC] Levin: :hands Ren another three full nybbles.
Avan: "Is there a reason to leave this container here?"
LW GM: Kanden frowns in thought. "Not that I can think of. Without the weapons within, there's no reason to hide it away, and it /is/ a holy object I suppose…"
Rhavi: "Do you really want to carry an ark? I don't. Not with what is most likely waiting for us outside."
Avan attempts to pick it up, after GrimBeard has withdrawn his weapon. "How holy? I can think of ways to refashion it, if we are all to get a weapon from this."
LW GM: Kanden pales visibly at Avan's words. "I think… that it might be best to leave the works of the gods in the form they crafted them in."
Avan: "…as you wish." He simply reaches in, then.
LW GM: Avan reaches into the Ark and draws forth an unlidded vial. Inside the vial is a clear oil, burning with a white flame without heat or smoke. The oil oozes out of the vial towards Avan's handbolt of it's own accord, covering it. After a moment, the fire dies away, leaving the handbolt seemingly unaffected.
Avan: "…ahh. This."
Rhavi: "No sense wasting time and being trapped in here. Let's get out of this place."
Avan: "Agreed." Avan is already heading out.
Dust nods, sheathing his blade. "Time is not our ally."
Levin nods and gets moving.
Rhavi relights the lantern before heading into the tunnel
GrimBeard nods and follows Rhavi
LW GM: It may just be your imagination, but with the defeat of the Vordak you think the temple might be marginally warmer. You are not ambushed or attacked again and are soon outside on the ledge leading to the temple.
Levin: "Now, to return and make good on the threat we represent to that demon."
Rhavi: "Indeed. We owe it several wounds and many more allies in payback."
Avan: "Think we can be back aboard ship by sunset?"
Kanden: "And this is where we must part. I am the sole representative of The Brotherhood in Hammerdal, so my duty is here."
Avan: "You can accompany us back to the city, at least, can you not?"
Rhavi: "I would imagine that the mysterious archer may be the only real obstacle for the moment between us and being back on the ship by then."
Kanden: "Of course. I was a bit premature."
Kanden: "Shall we return to Hammerdal then?"
Avan: "Please."
Dust: "Yes."
Rhavi sets off
Levin keeps a hand poised to pull an arrow quickly as they return to Hammerdal…
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License