28 Apr 13

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: Dawn comes and you are well rested from the comfort of fine linens and a soft pillow after your harrowing journey. After you are served a breakfast in the main banquet hall of eggs, bread, fruit, and ham, you are lead to the armory where you are invited to rearm and armor yourselves.
[OOC] LW GM: Pick any three items from the following list: Quiver of 12 Arrows, Battleaxe, Bow, Broadsword, Dagger, Mace, Quarterstaff, Short Sword, Sword, Warhammer, Chainmail Waistcoat (+4 End), Shield (+2 CS), Backpack (empty), Bell, Candle, A Large Piece of Chalk (Backpack), Flint and steel (Special Item), Lamp (Backpack), Small Steel Mirror (Special), 3 Meter Pole (Special), Rope (50', Backpack),
LW GM: Signal whistle (Special), Spyglass (Backpack), Whetstone (Backpack), Alether berries (limited. One dose per person, +1CS for one round, Special), Antitoxin (Special), Potion of Laumspur (+4 End, Backpack), Sunrod (Special). Additionally you are provided enough food to fill up the remaining space in your backpack with meals.))
[OOC] Avan: Are we able to sell spare supplies?
[OOC] Levin: Laumspur, Antitoxin, and Alether berries.
[OOC] Rhavi: Like my extra meals…
[OOC] LW GM: Yes, though it is not impossible that there could be repercussions.
[OOC] Rhavi: spyglass, mirror, flint and steel
[OOC] Avan: I've got a couple spare quivers to offload.
[OOC] LW GM: Talk to Dust.
[OOC] Levin: And/or me.
[OOC] Levin: Also, how about some crowns?
[OOC] LW GM: Throwing money at demons only works if you are a samurai.
Avan sees Dust and Levin interested in the quivers, and wordlessly hands each of them one of his spare quivers.
[OOC] Avan: There.
[OOC] Avan: They're empty, but we can restock here.
Rhavi quickly pockets the steel mirror, and flint and steel and his eyes positively light up when he grabs the spyglass to replace the one lost with //The Albatross//
[OOC] Avan: Mirror, flint & steel, whistle
[OOC] LW GM: Is that everyone other than GB?
Avan pockets another mirror, along with this…apparently firestarter equipment? And - oh, the noisemaker, he's seen one in action.
[OOC] Dust: Laumspur, Bell, and something else to be determined when/if my character sheet loads
[OOC] Levin: Replace the Antitoxin with a Whetstone.
[OOC] Dust: Okay, since nothing is loading and hasn't loaded in the last ~10 minutes, Laumspur, Bell, rope.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Flint and Steel, Rope, Lamp
Avan offers his spare bow and dagger to the armory clerk. "I figured these might be of better use to you than the corpses I took them from."
LW GM: The clerk thanks Avan for his gifts.
Avan: "They should at least compensate a bit for the cost of your equipment."
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone is done selecting?
LW GM: After you have fed and selected your supplies you are taken to the stables where you are given the use of five of the King's stallions. As you mount your loaned steeds you are surprised to see that the King has come personally to see you off. He is not dressed in the regal furs you saw him in last. Instead he wears fine armor, though dull and dented from use. Not the sort used for state functions and parades, but the other kind, the kind that has seen real combat.
Rhavi 's estimation of the king goes up a few notches.
Avan: "You are preparing a second line, in case we fail?"
Dust: "That is not an option."
Rhavi: "I hate these beasts," he mutters to himself as he finds the least offensive looking horse.
Avan: "Of course not. But it is a possibility."
King: "Not quite, Mister Avan. It occurred to the court that this could be a multi-pronged attack, with the demon occupying our attention while an additional, more mundane, attack comes at us. I do not believe this to be the case, but I can not take chances."
Avan: "Ahh. Wise."
GrimBeard laments the lack of a pony, like last time.
Levin gives the stable-boys a nod of approval, his expert eyes discerning that the horses being offered are indeed among the best in the King's stable.
Rhavi: "Just be wary of the spies. We have quite literally found them everywhere."
LW GM: The horses the king loaned you are built for speed and endurance, but do not have the sheer size and strength to be of much use to mounted knights.
Avan: "And runes. Especially ones that explode by magic."
Levin mounts up,
Rhavi easily vaults to the stallion's back
Avan: "If you see a strange rune, I suggest you have it erased - carefully, but quickly."
King: "I shall keep my guard up, Captain."
Avan nods.
[OOC] Levin: +<King>
[OOC] Avan: Ah
[OOC] Levin: brb
King: "Well, I must not delay you any more. Go with the blessings of Kai and Ishir!"
Levin salutes the King and takes point.
Avan mounts up and exits.
Dust nods and rides out.
Rhavi follows Dust
Rhavi: "How far?"
[OOC] LW GM: The first time you were here, it was four days to the fort. Or at least I believe it was since I can't pull up the logs.
[OOC] Levin: Three to fort, four to Cenerese mischief.
[OOC] LW GM: Okay, yeah, I'm remembering that now
LW GM: The horses race through the countryside at a hard gallop. The scenery races by and you ride, peasants hurrying off the road as you pass, until the sun goes down and the horses are exhausted.
Rhavi trusts Dust and Levin to find the best camping spots
[OOC] LW GM: Levin and Dust (when he gets back), make a half rank roll.
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5)
[OOC] LW GM: Levin decides the most defensible spot is this huge pile of guano.
[OOC] Avan: Can Avan look too?
[OOC] LW GM: Avan (and anybody else) can make a straight roll if they wish. And to be honest it's kinda hard to do worse than what Chessa inflicted Levin with.
Avan rolled up 1d10-1: 6 (6)
[OOC] Avan: Not Worse!
[OOC] LW GM: True dat.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10-1: 1 (1)
[OOC] Rhavi: How about here in the middle of the road?
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 7 (7)
[OOC] LW GM: Ooh! Ooh! Maybe if you moved Levin's guano pile into the middle of the road…
[OOC] Levin: Chessa's being an ornery bitch tonight, I see.
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10-1: 9 (9)
[OOC] Rhavi: lol
[OOC] GrimBeard: Eureka! I found it!
LW GM: Dust selects a spot near a bubbling creek with soft loam soil, but GrimBeard points out the leaches in the river and suggests the slightly harder, but less leachy meadow.
[OOC] LW GM: I *had* to narrate the dwarf showing up the kai lord and the herbalist. I *had* to.
[OOC] Avan: Yes. Yes you did.
Avan agrees with GrimBeard's plan.
Levin concurs.
[OOC] LW GM: So, people settling down to sleep, posting guards and the like?
Rhavi: "I'll take first watch and work the kinks out…Ishir, I am sore…"
[OOC] Avan: Yeah. Are we doing 2 shifts or 3?
Avan: "I'll take mid shift."
Levin: "I'll take third shift."
GrimBeard: "Ah'll relieve anywun who canna make it threw der shift. Is tha' alrigh' wit everyone?"
Avan: "Sure."
Dust settles in to meditate.
Levin settles in for some sleep.
Avan just sleeps.
Rhavi stretches and walks the perimeter
LW GM: The sun soon falls behind the horizon and everyone, save Rhavi, is soon fast asleep. ((Rhavi, make a half-rank roll))
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 10 (10)
LW GM: Rhavi shivers as a cold breeze blows across the grass. For a second, you think that the wind is carrying voices to you.
Rhavi: "Bloody Hells…Dust?" He calls the kai lord softly.
[OOC] Dust: I can't save Rhavi. I'm not in this episode.
LW GM: Dust rolls over at Rhavi's voice. As he strains to hear the voice, he manages to catch one word. Kalte. Then Rhavi jumps as a hand falls on his shoulder. It is Avan, ready for his shift.
Rhavi: "there is an ill wind tonight…Dust,c an you sense anything?"
[OOC] Rhavi: can
[OOC] LW GM: Is Rhavi going to shake Dust awake?
Rhavi touches Dust's shoulder
Dust 's eyes open.
[OOC] Dust: For the record, Avan is also awake, apparently.
[OOC] Avan: I was wondering that, based on OOC.
Rhavi: "There is an ill wind, and voices speaking of Kalte again. Can you sense anything?"
Avan: "Kalte?"
Rhavi: "We have dreamed it before, the name at the very least."
Avan: "I heard it not this night."
[OOC] Dust: Pending info from GM
Dust: "The night is strange, though it is beyond me to say how."
Rhavi nods
Rhavi: "Thanks anyway.."
Rhavi settles in to try to get some sleep
Dust rises. "There may be more to discover. Sleep. Avan will watch, and I will listen."
Avan watches.
LW GM: Rhavi leans against the trunk of a tree watching the river bubble by. Soon enough the wind begins to chill, and voices whisper in it. Bobbing in the river is a sliver of ice. As the ice floats away, more bits of ice follow until they begin spilling over the bank of the river. They are at your feet now. The wind is extremely cold and snow is in the air.
Dust continues to test the area with his mindforce, though there seems to be little response.
Rhavi yelps and backpedals from the ice
Dust turns towards Rhavi. "Avan, ‘ware." Rises, moving over to the captain.
Avan ducks, turns, and looks.
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, make a roll. You can not add your rank, but you can add +2 for the efforts of your comrades.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+1: 7 (7)
[OOC] Dust: See, we are useful! Aren’t you glad you didn't sell us on the black market?
[OOC] Rhavi: And does Evasion help?
[OOC] Avan: Yet
[OOC] LW GM: Evasion does not help for this.
LW GM: Rhavi jerks awake. He can still feel the cold from the ice on his feet. ((-2 EP))
Avan: "This…is unseasonable, yes?"
Rhavi shivers uncontrollably from the residual cold
Rhavi: "What in the hells was that?"
Dust: "It is." ((It is, right?))
Avan: "Ice."
Avan: "Or so it seems."
Avan pokes one of the shards. Is it unusual at all?
[OOC] Rhavi: It was a dream, no?
[OOC] Avan: No
[OOC] Avan: Apparently
[OOC] LW GM: How should I know?
Dust tosses his cloak about Rhavi's shoulders. "Tell us."
Rhavi: "The stream filled with ice and overflowed, and snow began falling. There were voices, but I couldn't hear them clearly."
Rhavi rubs at his feet
LW GM: Rhavi's feet are cold to the touch, and slightly damp.
Rhavi: "Since when can dreams kill?"
Dust kneels, examining his feet. ((This is the kind of thing Healing can help with?))
Levin awakens in the commotion. "Mmmwhat's going on?"
[OOC] LW GM: Healing can help.
LW GM: Rhavi's feet are exhibiting the early stages of frostbite.
Dust presses his palms against the frostbitten feet, allowing a surge of energy to flow through his palms.
Avan looks upstream. Is the river now jammed?
Rhavi his shaking lessens as new warmth floods into his feet
LW GM: After a few minutes, Rhavi is feeling much better, not to mention warmer.
Dust: "Better?"
LW GM: The river is still flowing freely.
Rhavi: "Much. Thank you."
[OOC] Avan: Is the ice still piling up?
[OOC] LW GM: What ice? Rhavi's a loony.
[OOC] Avan: Ah, so it was a dream.
[OOC] Dust: Yes, dream. But with real physical effects.
[OOC] Levin: Hooray, curse-dreams.
[OOC] LW GM: It's never just a dream.
Dust rises, then notices Levin awake. "If you could examine the captain?"
Rhavi: "The demon is getting more powerful. What would do that?"
Levin nods and moves over, pulling his kit to him as he does.
[OOC] Levin: half- or full-rank?
[OOC] LW GM: half-rank.
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
[OOC] Levin: I'd pout over the half-rank, but Chessa decided to play nice.
LW GM: Levin treats Rhavi for minor frostbite and he judges that Rhavi will probably live.
Rhavi: "What do you mean " probably? "
Rhavi: "I have never had this..this frostbite before."
Levin: "Kidding. Unless whatever caused this strikes again. And harder."
Rhavi: "I think sleep will be hard won until this is over."
GrimBeard snores loudly.
Dust: "For some, yes."
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License