28 Nov 12

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: The trek back down the mountain is no easier than the trek up. In fact, you would swear that there was at least one more rock-slide while you were in the temple. Still, you are careful and manage to reach the bottom of the mountain. However, night is beginning to fall and you still have to trek back to the city. Currently you are in the forest that lies between the city and the mountain
LW GM: temple.
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 6 (6) (Finding a good camping spot.)
Rhavi: "We should press on if we can."
LW GM: Levin finds a site near a bubbling spring. The ground is relatively soft, and high in the trees you see bee hives.
Levin: "Nope. Camping time. This seems to be the best place available, unless Dust noted something I didn't."
Avan: "Are the forests that much more dangerous at night?"
Rhavi shrugs. He is not the woodsy type.
Levin: "He's a seaman; his woodcraft is therefore highly suspect."
Levin: "…Except with respect to ships of all sorts."
Avan: "And I am a man of the desert. You are a man of the forest. How much more dangerous is it at night?"
Dust: "With light and training, these forests should pose few enough risks. More difficult, indeed, to get into town once it has closed and barred its gates for the eve."
Levin: "Which typically occurs around this time of day, in my experience. Unless you've grave news indeed."
Avan: "Might we camp safer at the base of the city walls, with one less direction to protect?"
Rhavi: "What could be more urgent than our mission? We even have the seal to prove it."
Dust: "The seal of a foreign king, on a mission of no great concern to the kingdom, to take artifacts sequestered here that the kingdom may wish to keep."
Dust: "Still, Avan is correct. We know there are dangers here, and there would be fewer dangers with the town walls at our backs. And, perhaps, we may have luck and persuade the guards to open for an Herbalish or a Kai Lord."
Levin: "If that is how you wish to proceed, then on we go."
Avan moving on.
Rhavi hands the lantern to Dust
[OOC] Dust: Dust has a lantern
Rhavi then realizes that the Kai Lord already has his out and rescinds the gesture
LW GM: The night is well and truly deepening as the full moon in the sky above does little to illuminate your path through the tree-branches of the forest. The path is not difficult though, so long as everyone stays within the circles cast by the lanterns. However… there is something in the forest moving about. Something… big.
Avan steers away from the bigness.
GrimBeard prepares his musket for combat.
Levin draws his bow and an arrow…
Rhavi looks around for something to make a torch of
LW GM: Kanden looks furtively right and left. "It is most likely something that was driven out of the temple. Let us move faster."
LW GM: The thing seems to be drawing closer. Whatever it is, it's fast. It seems to be trying to flank you, and you hear it to your right and your left.
Levin sets arrow to bow, and takes a test shot to the right.
Avan is faster, and heads up into the trees to scout it out.
LW GM: The thing finally charges into the lantern's light from the left. It is almost as big as a bear with washed-out white fur. It has two huge tusks that it trying to use to gore the party. It's pink eyes show both madness and intelligence.
[OOC] Dust: Ahhh, Intelligent Madness. We meet again, for the first time!
Rhavi moves back, pushing Kanden behind him
Levin quickly draws another arrow and fires that.
[OOC] Levin: Green Purge?
[OOC] LW GM: CS 25, No surprise. No Green Purge. Attacking Avan
Avan rolled up Ratio: -6 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -9 (With the usuals, including 2x damage)
[OOC] LW GM: Immune to Psychic Attacks.
[OOC] Avan: Good thing none of Avan's attack effects are psychic.
[OOC] LW GM: Yeah, but Dust PMed me to ask.
LW GM: The beast rears back from Avan's blow, ending his charge at him early and leaving Avan unscathed.
Avan keeps hopping up, trying to get over the beast - and keep its eyes up, off the party.
[OOC] LW GM: Next would be GB.
[OOC] Avan: Who attacks now, yes?
[OOC] LW GM: That's the theory.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: (Taking aim and trying to shoot the beastie) Player: -5 Enemy: -2
GrimBeard: (Whoops, forgot the semi colon)
[OOC] LW GM: You have a 25 now I believe. (You're rank 8
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 1 Player: -4 Enemy: -4 (Taking aim and trying to shoot the beastie)
[OOC] Dust: Are we in melee or ranged rounds?
[OOC] LW GM: We are in melee. GB will want to refluff his attack.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Ugh, should I roll again. I thought we were at ranged.
[OOC] Dust: Then GB flanked, which ups his CS by +2 and results in… a whopping +1 damage in this case, because Chessa.
[OOC] LW GM: I'll just have you do five damage this round (*3 because gun)
[OOC] LW GM: Next.
Dust rolled up Ratio: -2 RNT: 0 Player: -5 Enemy: -2 ((Dust steps in, watching the creature's movements for an opening before slipping to the side, opening the creature's flank))
Levin fires an arrow at the creature from behind…
LW GM: The creature really is quite fast as it manages to dodge all but a scratch from Dust.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 2 Player: -5 Enemy: -2 (darts in on the other side of Dust)
Levin rolled up Ratio: -11 RNT: 1 Player: K Enemy: 0 (ranged, no PC damage)
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 5 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
[OOC] Levin: …
Rhavi dances back out of the way, pirouetting to the side
LW GM: Rhavi's strike neatly mirrors Dust's.
LW GM: Levin's arrow goes wide.
[OOC] Avan: And on to round 2. GB first this time?
[OOC] LW GM: New round. GB's turn
[OOC] GrimBeard: OK,just so I don't mess this up, are we still in melee?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 8 Player: 0 Enemy: -11 (Cracking the gunbutt across the creatures face.)
[OOC] LW GM: Very nice shot BTW.
Rhavi glances at Kanden to see what the arcane could add to this fight
Levin looks around for Kanden, but keeps his bow out and an arrow drawn in case he can make a clean shot.
LW GM: The creature charges GrimBeard. GrimBeard meets the charge with a gun butt directly between the creature's tusks. There is a cracking sound, but a frantic check by GrimBeard reveals that wasn't his musket cracking.
[OOC] LW GM: I meant to say I was attacking GB this round, but he wound up not taking any damage. Dust next I believe. Or Avan?
[OOC] Dust: They have the same CS.
Avan rolled up Ratio: -4 RNT: 2 Player: -5 Enemy: -3 (KILL IT WITH BITE OF FIRE (or at least double damage it))
Dust rolled up Ratio: -2 RNT: 6 Player: -2 Enemy: -8 ((As the creature lunges towards the dwarf, Dust exploits its unprotected flank.))
LW GM: Avan was slow in firing off his handbolt and a tusk grazes his arm and causing his handbolt to go off-center, reducing the damage it did.
LW GM: The roaring creature, enraged by the fire created by the other human, is an easy target for Dust's blade. The creature's left rear leg is now hamstrung.
[OOC] LW GM: No Combat Effect to that, that's just flavor text.
[OOC] LW GM: Levin.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -5 RNT: 3 Player: -5 Enemy: -3 (ducks in, cutting across the exposed back)
[OOC] Levin: Busy keeping an eye on Kanden as noted earlier.
LW GM: Rhavi's strike manages to find the beast's heart, ending the threat.
LW GM: Levin finds Kanden crouching on a tree-branch making ready to cast some sort of magic, which is no longer needed.
Levin puts his bow and arrow up. "Would you prefer to rest and heal up or continue to town? My herblore unfortunately takes time for healing."
Rhavi looks around at the wounded
Rhavi: "I am fine. Does anyone else want to stay here?"
LW GM: Kanden sheepishly climbs back down the tree. "I for one do not."
Avan: "Let's go," Avan adds after reclaiming his handbolt.
Rhavi cleans his weapon on the critter's fur and resheathes it before turning to follow Dust
Dust keeps alert, scanning the surrounding wilderness for other dangers as they journey forth.
LW GM: The return to Hammerdal is thankfully free from other distractions and you soon arrive at the wall of the city. The gate, as you suspected might be the case, is closed.
Dust scans the walls, searching for guards, lookouts, or other watchwardens arrayed at the ramparts.
Rhavi: "Should we try to get in, or just wait until morning to rejoin The Dauntless?
Levin: "I'd prefer to camp, but if you want to win access go ahead."
GrimBeard looks to the wall, looking for a good place he could be tossed.
Avan checks the gates. Any sign of guards?
LW GM: There are guards that patrol the ramparts.
Avan waves to them. "Ahoooy! May we come in? There's an airship waiting for us."
Dust rolled up 1d10-1: 5 (5) ((Roll to remember how the gate locked.))
LW GM: One of the guards pauses in his pacing of the ramparts long enough to shout down to you, "You don't look like you're dying. I don't see a huge hoard of evil coming after you. And I wasn't told about any exceptions to curfew. So no, not 'til morning."
Levin takes the opportunity to check his mental map of the area for a place to camp.
LW GM: Dust recalls that there is a system of winches to lower a bar to seal the gate shut once it's closed.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Are there any good spots to toss a dwarf up onto?
Avan: "I don't suppose you'd be willing to pass along a message, then?"
Avan: "Tell our airship that we made it back to the gates?"
[OOC] LW GM: I assumed you were being facetious. No the walls are too high for dwarf-chucking.
LW GM: The guard resumes his patrol without responding.
Avan: "That's a 'no', then."
Levin: "Right, everybody back into the forest to camp."
Levin rolled up 1d10+4: 7 (7)
[OOC] Levin: So, marginally better campsite than last time.
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 12 (12) ((Scanning for a place to rest for five people))
[OOC] LW GM: If nothing else, it's better because it's closer to the city.
GrimBeard: "Don' we 'ave a roayl seal or sum such that'll make tha lad open thu gate?"
LW GM: You find a perfectly adequate site for the night. The grass is soft at least.
Avan: "Wrong kingdom."
Dust: "From the king of Sommerlund. This is a different country. And we were ordered to keep our official purpose concealed."
GrimBeard: "Right, fergot."
Rhavi: "This will be just fine. I will take first watch."
Avan: "I'll have third."
Levin: "I will tend to your wounds."
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License