7 Nov 12

LW GM: Even as you stop to catch your breath in your moment of relative safety and look out at the majestic Hammerdal Range, you hear the clamorings in the street below of people finding, and making makeshift versions of, ladders to reach you. It seems that your moment will be over shortly. The roofs are close enough together that jumping from one to the other isn't /necessarily/ suicide.
Avan: "Grimbeard, can you jump or do we hurl you across?"
Rhavi: "You are a braver man than I for even suggesting that, Avan. The question is can //we// jump that?
Rhavi: "
Avan: "I can. Why, you can't?"
Rhavi motions to the Brotherhood attache who has most likely spent his days in quiet sedentary study
Kanden: "I think I can get by."
Rhavi scans the roof for the most likely exit point to jump from. Also, what else is up here?
Avan leads by example, somersaulting to the next roof over - and then looking around on that roof, in case Rhavi finds no planks useful as portable bridges.
GrimBeard: "Ah think ah kin manage uh jump."
Levin concentrates, then lopes over the roof and *bounds* over the gap, almost exactly as though he were a bipedal wolf chasing some prey.
Levin rolled up 1d10+2: 5 (5) (+4 more if GM permits.)
[OOC] LW GM: Just a reminder that everyone is now rank 7, but this means that half-rank is still +3
Rhavi motions Kanden to go next
Dust takes the moment to survey the streets, seeing if any is paying undue (re: any at all) attention to those on the roofs.
LW GM: Levin lands in a half crouch on the opposite roof, /not/ quite landing on all fours, but he does twinge his ankle in the process ((-1 End)).
LW GM: Dust sees that there is a large crowd of very rough looking people attempting to scale the sides of the building you (except for Levin) are on, with varying degrees of success.
[OOC] Dust: Are they freerunning on up, or are there ropes/ladders/etc? Or… are they levitating up by sheer force of thug?
Levin winces. "That…needs some practice, I think." He looks around for some rope or a long bit of wood to throw over the gap.
LW GM: Some of the thugs are trying a human ladder/pyramid/thing, but most are scavenging about or outright stealing ladders. You can hear some tromping in the building you are in, and yes the building does have a rooftop access. You are likely to have company shortly.
Rhavi: "Go now, Mage."
LW GM: Kanden concentrates briefly and mutters arcane-sounding words under his breath before he opens his eyes and takes the plunge… er.. leap.
Dust turns, looking ahead. Is the building directly across, with Levin and Kanden, similarly occupied by the Thug?
LW GM rolled up 1d10+1: 3 (3)
[OOC] Levin: Ouch.
LW GM: Kanden stumbles and falls over on his landing, but he does make it across. ((-3 End))
[OOC] LW GM: +.
Avan reaches out to catch the incoming mage, already being on the far roof.
Rhavi scans the…yeah, what Dust said
[OOC] LW GM: Avan, I'm not seeing your roll to jump across
[OOC] Avan: Didn't know I needed one. Does Serpent's Speed let me full-rank roll?
[OOC] LW GM: Nope. Sorry, but you do get the half.
Avan rolled up 1d10+2: 10 (10)
[OOC] Avan: Good enough?
GrimBeard looks to the ledge, and pauses.
LW GM: Avan lands in a light crouch. This is considered little more than skipping in Telchos. ((-0 End))
GrimBeard: "Go ahead lads, Ah'll hold 'em off."
GrimBeard takes out his musket, ready to get the first one that hits the rooftops.
Rhavi: "No, Master Grim. You will leap and then cover our retreat if necessary please."
GrimBeard stops going for his musket.
Rhavi: "I imagine that they will have a notion to follow us. Best to discourage that."
GrimBeard: "A'ight boss. Wha'ever you say."
GrimBeard jumps.
LW GM: Dust (and Rhavi) see that the building is clear of Thuggish influence… for now.
Avan: "You can't hold them off. You might stay behind and die, but you would not slow them down."
Rhavi quickly studies the roof access. Is it a door, a trap door, a hole in the roof?
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 12 (12) (Dust takes a few steps back, then starts a running leap to cover the distance before turning and drawing his bow.)
Avan: "I for one would not care to see you throw your life away and gain nothing by it."
LW GM: It is not a door, but it is an entry way to stairs leading to the interior of the building.
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10-1: 0 (0)
Avan has his rope out for poor jumpers to catch on to.
[OOC] Levin: HAHA
[OOC] Rhavi: ow
LW GM: Dust does a neat somersault upon landing and rolls back up to his feat, his hands already in position to ward of any impending attacks, which are thankfully not forthcoming.
[OOC] LW GM: If this were a gamebook, you would be dead. Just FYI.
[OOC] Dust: If it was a gamebook, he'd have no backup.
Rhavi grimaces at being unable to slow down pursuit and then runs to the edge of the building to leap in one smooth motion
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 7 (7)
LW GM: No one has ever described GrimBeard as an acrobat, and he has not proven them wrong. GrimBeard makes a heroic leap, and does manage to clear the gap between buildings but he stumbles and lands putting his full bodyweight on his knees. ((-5 End))
LW GM: Rhavi demonstrates the grace that the Buccaneers are renowned for and lands lightly on the balls of his feet.
Levin: "When we have the time, GrimBeard, I'll fix you up a potion for that landing."
Rhavi: "Which way now?"
Avan: "The same way?"
GrimBeard GrimBeard nods in appreciation.
Avan: "Keep going until we have left the crowd behind?"
Kanden: "This way" , he indicates the same direction they are heading. "There is an exit from the city that way and from there we can make our way to the Weapons."
[OOC] Dust: Do the thugs have any ranged weapons?
[OOC] LW GM: GrimBeard Grimly Grimnods in appreciation.
[OOC] Dust: *grimpreciation.
Rhavi: "Let's go then before someone gets clever and discovers rocks."
[OOC] LW GM: If they do, they are not using them.
Levin gets moving, mentally planning the salve…
Rhavi move son
[OOC] Rhavi: on
Avan moves the way Kanden indicates.
GrimBeard takes up the rear, watching for pursuit as he goes.
Dust turns, glancing off into the distance, then reshoulders his bow. "No time to bluff, there's more out there then them."
LW GM: There is a reasonably solid pathway, a bridge made out of planks, to the next building, so no roll needed for that building. However, you see no simple way to the final building next to the wall other than taking a leap of faith.
Levin lopes over and bounds once more…
Levin rolled up 1d10+2: 4 (4)
[OOC] Dust: How far across is it, and how far down?
Levin lands harder than he'd like. again.
Avan does likewise.
Avan rolled up 1d10+2: 5 (5)
Avan lands a bit less hard.
Rhavi leaps across the gap
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+2: 5 (5)
GrimBeard attempts to leap again.
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10-1: 0 (0)
LW GM: As you attempt to cross the makeshift bridge, an arrow launches itself through the air at Dust. There may be a bowman about ((or that arrow just really hates you. Dust make an attack roll vs. CS 19. You can't do damage))
Levin winces and helps GrimBeard up again.
[OOC] LW GM: All jumps to the last building are on hold until this little thing is dealt with.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 1 Player: -4 Enemy: -4
LW GM: Dust's shield manages to knock the arrow off target slightly, so it embeds in his shoulder ((because I'm so nice, you can pick which shoulder)) rather than the center of his chest.
Dust narrows his gaze, pausing to see how the others are faring with their leaps of faith.
[OOC] LW GM: Now the leaps happen. Every one made it across. Damages are Levin, Avan, Rhavi -1, GB -5
Rhavi turns to look back for Dust
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 6 (6) (Takes the final plunge.)
[OOC] Rhavi: And does better than us all even with an arrow in him
LW GM: Dust just barely makes it across. He stumbles and windmills his arms briefly as he begins to lean back into the gab, but he right himself quickly.
[OOC] Dust: I wasn't going to say that.
[OOC] LW GM: -0 End. Be sure to note it.
LW GM: You are next to the wall. Off to the right, you see the exit from the city.
Rhavi looks for guards and/or thugs
Avan heads right. If there's a trap, spring it.
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone make a roll. GB and Dust may add half their rank.
Levin rolled up 1d10-1: 1 (1)
Dust rolled up 1d10+2: 11 (11) (((Things couldn't possibly get worse.)))
Rhavi rolled up 1d10-1: 7 (7)
Avan rolled up 1d10-1: 2 (2)
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10+2: 12 (12)
[OOC] LW GM: Levin and Avan are reasonably certain that it was the building fired that arrow at Dust. Damn buildings.
LW GM: GrimBeard and Dust see a figure leap from one building to the next. He doesn't seem to be following you precisely, more like pacing you, running in parallel.
LW GM: A flash of pain washes over Dust's face ((-2 End)).
Dust: "There are limits to how many arrows they might have, but I suspect they are poisoned. We should not give them an easy target."
Avan: "Let us get out of the city."
Rhavi: "Yes, and quickly too. We need to tend to that wound."
Dust grimaces. "It is only poison."
[OOC] LW GM: GB, make an attack roll vs. CS 19. You can't do damage
[OOC] Dust: Does his aim bonus apply?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes.
Avan: "Bah. If it's hurting you let me suck it out." Avan rounds upon Dust, ready to remove the arrow and do exactly that.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 3 RNT: 3 Player: -2 Enemy: -8
Dust slaps Avan's hand aside. "/After/ we're not under fire."
[OOC] Dust: Yes, that.
LW GM: GrimBeard may not ever be called an acrobat, but he does manage to mostly dive behind cover and is only nicked by the arrow.
Rhavi looks for guards or thugs at the exit point
LW GM: Rhavi sees the thug crowd is making it's way to the building, but is a ways off yet. The guards seem to be distressingly absent.
Rhavi: "It is clear other than our mysterious shooter. Though with the crowd coming down the street, not for long."
Dust: "Then we should not delay."
Rhavi dashes through the entrance
Rhavi er, exit
[OOC] LW GM: You have to get down first.
[OOC] LW GM: You're still on a roof. Unless you're saying fuck it and just jumping through.
[OOC] Rhavi: Ah.
Rhavi looks for a way down
[OOC] Dust: We have rope, don't we? Tie it off, shimmy down, untie rope, how is this not a good plan?
[OOC] Rhavi: Fair enough!
[OOC] LW GM: It is a good plan. It's another excuse for me to give you another poison 'hello'.
Rhavi decides to avoid Grim's inevitable fall and ties his rope off with a knot that will shake loose when twitched right, and shimmies down
Avan follows.
Levin follows.
[OOC] LW GM: GB and Dust lose -2 End
GrimBeard takes out his musket and takes aim at the follower.
[OOC] LW GM: roll dem bones.
[OOC] Rhavi: cs 19, yes?
[OOC] Rhavi: Swashbuckling not applying, right?
[OOC] LW GM: Yes. This does /not/ apply to anyone else unless they want to take the round looking for the shooter.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -3 RNT: 0 Player: -6 Enemy: -1
[OOC] LW GM: this being able to fire back.
[OOC] Rhavi: ow
[OOC] LW GM: You can't fire at him because you haven't spotted him yet. Only GB and Dust can because they spotted him.
[OOC] LW GM: -that last attack attempt. You can thank me later.
[OOC] Rhavi: So I am not shot?
Dust drops down the rope, turning to place a corner of the building between him and the shooter, closing his eyes to track the archer with other senses.
[OOC] LW GM: You are not.
Rhavi dips around the corner of the building
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 3 RNT: 2 Player: -3 Enemy: -7
Levin considers, then looks for, and takes, the fastest route to the cave-at this point, it's about getting there ASAP, not getting there without being discovered.
Rhavi looks for Kanden
LW GM: GrimBeard and his assailant exchange fire, both hitting, but the assailant allows himself to fall off the side of the building. ((Take the damage, but there is no stacked poison damage.))
[OOC] LW GM: Are the rest of you going down the rope, like in gym class?
[OOC] Dust: Everyone is down except grimm.
[OOC] Dust: And the brotherhood guy, who we don't want poisoned so he should really come down.
[OOC] LW GM: The 'Brotherhood' guy took a dive off the side of the building he was on.
GrimBeard heads over to the rope last, making sure our new friend doesn't re-appear to surprise us.
[OOC] Rhavi: OUr brotherhood guy.
LW GM: You all make it down from the rooftops and dash through the exit of the city. Above you looms the Hammerdal Range, and the objective of your quest.
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License