9 Dec 12

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: Eventually, as it always must until the day Naar achieves final victory, dawn comes. Those of you who are not roused by the first light of morning are awoken by the sound of Hammerdal's main gate opening and the small mass of merchants and travelers eager to go about their business.
Avan was on final watch, and has been preparing simple rations for the crew to gently wake them.
Rhavi rolls to his feet, rubbing sleep from his eyes
Dust remains with eyes closed, investigating the near future for any signs of danger remaining in the town.
Levin presents microbrews to go with breakfast. ((Fluff for the END/WP restoration.))
GrimBeard rises, gathers his things and awaits the others.
Rhavi look sat Dust meditating against the wall.
Rhavi: "Should we rouse him?"
rouse him
Avan smirks. "I know his ways. Pick him up, if he will not stand."
Levin: "Nah. The microbrew'll wake him up just fine."
Avan: "Is that what you call it?"
Dust slots one eye open. "When you disturb someone examining the future, you get horrible predictions."
Rhavi: "Bah. Best not to know too much about the future anyway. Then there would never be any fun before you died."
Levin: "Good. I'd hate to be told about a fate I couldn't avert."
Dust rises and stretches. "Near events seem safe enough. Shall we return to the ship?"
Rhavi: "Yes we should. Provided that he is still here and did not leave us for safer waters."
Dust: "Which would be a wise move."
Levin shrugs, downs his brew without gagging-always an encouraging sign-and turns his own meal into a walking one.
Avan: "So we can be confident they have not done it?" Avan, after making sure all are served and the camp site is packed, begins slowly making his way toward the gate.
[OOC] LW GM: Everyone make a half rank roll.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
[OOC] Dust: We're at +4 now.
[OOC] Dust: strike that.
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5) ((Because he told us to))
[OOC] LW GM: Well done Rhavi. Ignore the evil Kai Lord.
Avan rolled up 1d10+3: 6 (6)
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 4 (4)
GrimBeard rolled up 1d10+3: 9 (9)
LW GM: Rhavi smells smoke. Woodsmoke, to be precise.
Rhavi frowns
Rhavi: "That cannot be good. Quickly lads! I smell smoke, and with the way that our luck runs…."
Rhavi hastens through the gate
[OOC] LW GM: Don't blame Chessa, this is totally my doing.
GrimBeard follows closely behind Rhavi.
Avan follows!
Levin follows with haste, hand on his bow.
Dust proceeds.
LW GM: The early morning streets are crowded, though not to the degree they were when you left the city. It doesn't take long for you to see a plumb of smoke in between the buildings. It is coming from the field where you left The Dauntless.
Avan heads that away.
GrimBeard follows
[OOC] LW GM: Are you using the streets, or are you taking to rooftop jumping?
Rhavi charges through the crowd, dodging them when possible, pushing past them when necessary
[OOC] Dust: There really isn't a parkour skill. If the streets are so crowded that a group of armed people in obvious haste doesn't create its own path, I'll seek alternate routes.
Levin follows Rhavi, drawing an arrow just in case the source is something he can fill with arrows.
Avan swims while standing through the stream of people. He has faced mightier rivers.
LW GM: After much shoving and prodding and inventive accusations about the group's lineage, you finally arrive at the field that served as a harbor for The Dauntless. Sadly, it would seem that The Dauntless has sored through the skies for the last time. What isn't actually on fire, is blackened and charred beyond recovery.
[OOC] Rhavi: any sign of the crew?
[OOC] Dust: Is there a crowd?
[OOC] Dust: A bucket brigade or anything like that?
Levin puts the arrow back. "… Well, then. I guess we're walking or riding back. Or chartering alternative transport."
LW GM: A screaming man leaps over the side of The Dauntless, on fire. He is quickly aided by the crowd. In the distance you can see a bucket brigade forming up.
Levin gets out his kit and goes to aid the wounded.
Rhavi heads for the blazing ship
Rhavi: "Captain!?"
GrimBeard follows, and scans the crowd on the off chance he sees someone eyeing his/her own handiwork.
Avan is at Rhavi's side. "I take it these things are not easy to repair."
Dust assists Levin with caring for the wounded.
LW GM: Levin gets close enough to recognize the burned man as Telmar, first mate of The Dauntless. He has passed out and is near death.
Rhavi: "The people or the ship? The answer is " no " to both."
Levin curses under his breath as he does what he can to save the man.
Avan: "As I feared." Avan begins looking for further bodies.
Rhavi scales the wreckage of the gang plank to the fore deck, looking for any survivors.
LW GM: The smoke is thick and choking. You do not see any other survivors.
Avan clears out before he suffocates.
[OOC] Dust: Any sign of the captain?
[OOC] LW GM: No.
[OOC] Rhavi: ^
Rhavi coughing, leaps down to the field
Dust looks at Rhavi and Avan. "How did it look inside? Did you see anyone?"
Rhavi shakes his head amid the coughing
Avan shakes his head, breathing carefully.
Dust narrows his gaze at the smoke. This, certainly, was not part of his training, but… perhaps…
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 4 (4) ((Mind Over Matter on the smoke))
Levin rolled up 1d10+7: 10 (10) (treating Telmar)
LW GM: Dust's attempt to clear the smoke creates a small bubble in his immediate vicinity, which help anyone around him.
Rhavi: "Useful trick, that."
Dust: "Somewhat. If I can maintain it for any length of time, it may allow us to investigate further into the Dauntless. Though manipulating smoke is far more difficult than I imagined."
Rhavi: "Best not to try it with flame then. There was nothing moving up there."
LW GM: The bucket brigade is beginning to get the fire under control. Telmar is unconscious and hideously burned, but alive for the moment.
Levin moves on to the next patient, then, unless Telmar's the only one.
LW GM: Telmar is the only one, barring certain bucket brigade members who got too close and got minor burns for their efforts.
Rhavi examines the ship. Where did the fire start?
LW GM: As near as the group can tell, the fire started in the hold.
Dust: "Were there any bodies on the ship?"
[OOC] Rhavi: Did we see any?
[OOC] LW GM: No.
Avan: "Not that we could find."
LW GM: The watch captain shakes his head. "Only this one guy."
Dust: "Not here, and not dead on the ship? Some may have fled, but certainly not the Captain. Taken…?"
Dust muses out loud.
Levin distributes salve for the minor burns, then goes back to treating Telmar and keeping him alive.
Dust examines the area for tracks leading away from the ship, however unlikely it would be.
Rhavi: "Or just away from the ship. If you can keep the smoke at bey, let's take a closer look at the hold before it all burns to the ground."
Levin: "Yo! Telmar, the first mate, is stable for now."
Watch Captain: "We haven't been able to search the ship yet. And even if we could, it's probably not safe."
Rhavi: "See if you can revive him enough to talk, Levin."
Levin makes sure he'd be *able* to talk before he tries to revive him.
Avan: "Right. Dust, shall we search the ship with your bubble?"
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5) ((I don't know. Let's ask Chessa.))
[OOC] Dust: Well. Its better?
LW GM: Dust manages to force away the smoke for a good thirty feet.
Dust nods. "GrimBeard. Keep watch over Levin and Telmar."
Rhavi: "Let's go."
GrimBeard nods, and stands watch.
Dust heads into the hold, where certain death almost probably awaits.
Avan keeps close to Dust.
Rhavi keeps within thirty feet of Dust
LW GM: The Dauntless is horribly damaged by the fire and you have to watch every step you take or else the floor could collapse out from under you. ((Everyone (actually searching the ship) make a half rank roll.))
Avan rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 12 (12)
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 5 (5)
[OOC] Dust: I'm sensing a pattern.
[OOC] LW GM: No. That would be The Pattern.
LW GM: There is a loud crack as Dust sinks through the floor. Fortunately both Rhavi and Avan are there to keep him from falling through and taking more than minor damage ((-1 End for Dust)).
[OOC] Dust: Does something like that break my concentration?
[OOC] LW GM: You're a Kai. Naar could give you a wet willie and not break your concentration.
[OOC] Dust: …that should never come up.
[OOC] LW GM: You're like a Jedi, but hard core.
[OOC] Dust: And without a laser sword. For Now.
Dust grits his teeth, though he manages to maintain the no-smoking area.
[OOC] Avan: For now.
LW GM: You manage to make your way to the hold. The door to the hold it locked.
Rhavi helps Dust catch his balance and continues to look around the hold
Avan knocks on the door.
[OOC] LW GM: This ain't El Goonish Shive. There will be no bending of the genders.
Rhavi kicks the door open
[OOC] Avan: Not even via demonic ducks?
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, make a half-rank roll.
[OOC] LW GM: Leave Naar alone.
Rhavi rolled up 1d10+3: 13 (13)
[OOC] Dust: That door has seen better days.
[OOC] LW GM: the door explodes because Rhavi looked at it disapprovingly.
LW GM: With a fierce kick, the door to the hold flies off it's hinges. You found the rest of the crew. On the wall, untouched by soot or char, the symbol remains, glowing like a hot ember.
Rhavi: "I was afraid of that."
Rhavi starts looking for survivors
Avan: "Figures. Rhavi, can you kick a hole to the outside?"
Avan: "Dust, *now* is it safe to destroy that symbol?"
[OOC] LW GM: Chessa willing…
Rhavi: "I am not going anywhere near that thing."
Avan: "You don't have to."
Rhavi gritting his teeth he begins to examine the bodies
LW GM: It doesn't take too long for Rhavi to determine there are no survivors among the bodies.
Rhavi: "Let's get out of here. There is nothing to be done for any of them."
LW GM: Rhavi notices Captain Sornath among the bodies.
Rhavi closes the Captains eyes
Dust shrugs. "For that symbol, I only said that it was not Cenner and knew nothing more specific. By all means, destroy it, if you can think of a method that would work." ((Is the area around the symbol charred? That is, does it look like it is proof against fire?))
[OOC] LW GM: The symbol itself is uncharred, but the wood around it is not. You could probably have Rhavi kick it out of the ship.
Avan kicks it out instead. At least separate it from the ship.
Avan rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
LW GM: The hull bends and breaks enough for a tear to appear near the symbol. If they wished, someone could grab a hold of the tear and rip the symbol off.
Dust is certain that Avan can handle this.
Avan wishes, and does so, throwing the symbol out.
Rhavi leaves the symbol alone, but contemplates the Captain's body. Any other signs of injury?
[OOC] LW GM: Beyond the horrific burning there is no sign of injury.
Avan heads outside, making sure the symbol is clear. "Hey! Hey! Anyone with an axe, this glyph is the source of the fire! Can someone chop this up, please?"
LW GM: The captain of the watch hears Avan and takes his axe, chopping the symbol into kindling.
Rhavi: "Now we need a way to meet up with the //Albatross//. Any ideas?"
Levin: "Horses."
Avan: "Thank you." Avan heads back inside to help Dust and Rhavi.
Rhavi: "Not far from here on the river is the meeting place. We'll have to make haste to get there, but of the enemy divines our goal then this," He gestures to the Dauntless, "could be waiting for us."
[OOC] Levin: Right. Questioning Telmar's next session, right?
[OOC] LW GM: Most likely. Get your one liners in before log end.
Rhavi leaves the Dauntless through the hole in the hold
Avan: "If we must make haste, then let us make haste to finish our duties here. The townspeople can bury them."
Levin: "We must first question our friend here. He'll be aware enough for that soon."
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License