9 Jan 13

LW GM: ***LOG START***
LW GM: While pursuing the assassin that turned The Dauntless and her crew to so much ash, you are surrounded on all sides without possibility of escape ((save for Rhavi)) by hulking lizard men. Their apparent leader has just issued a scream and battle is joined. There are ten of these beings and they all have a CS of 17. And somewhere close, there is still the Assassin.
[OOC] LW GM: Mind Blast works, should have put that in.
Avan does his usual tricks, trying to bring it down to 9.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] Avan: With Bite of Fire for 2x damage.
Levin 's stance relaxes as he invokes the spirit of a bear…
LW GM: The still smoking body of Avan's opponent slumps to the forest floor.
GrimBeard takes aim and fires at the easiest still living lizard man.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 2 Player: -2 Enemy: -9
LW GM: A crack of thunder, a flash of lead gray and another lizard falls.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 0 Player: -4 Enemy: -5 ((Dust steps forward, eyes narrowed as he unleashes a torrent of pain into the lizard man before him, sword poised to exploit any opening.))
[OOC] Dust: That is literally the worst thing I could have rolled, and it still isn't that bad. Huh.
LW GM: Dust's sword catches on a branch overhead, slowing it, but still manages to carve a gash in the chest of his lizard.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 3 Player: -4 Enemy: -5 (ducks under the lizard man's arm and slices the scimitar across his hamstrings)
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 3 Player: -4 Enemy: -5 (spins to the front and drives the dagger into the creature's groin)
[OOC] LW GM: Chessa has it in for you guys tonight.
[OOC] Rhavi: swashbuckler
[OOC] Rhavi: she will really kill me next turn
[OOC] Dust: That implies that there are times when Chessa doesn't have it in for us.
LW GM: Rhavi's blade flashes, but a forest floor is far far from the deck of a ship. The lizard is seemingly well versed in battle lore, and knows an enemy is most vulnerable on the attack.
Levin 's blade flickers out to slash at a lizard man.
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 2 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
LW GM: Levin and is lizard trade blows and both suffer.
[OOC] LW GM: Now for the other five. Everyone do another .lonewolf, but this time you can not deal damage, only take it.
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 1 Player: -5 Enemy: -3
[OOC] LW GM: Order doesn't matter in this case.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 8 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] Dust: Yaaaa… oh, wait.
[OOC] LW GM: First decent non-Avan-cheaty roll of the game.
[OOC] LW GM: er… session.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 1 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
[OOC] Avan: There've been decent rolls before.
[OOC] Avan: Honest.
[OOC] Avan: Actually - wait, is this still first round?
[OOC] Rhavi: sadly yes
[OOC] Avan: Then Impale still applies.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] Rhavi: so no damage to me! Yay!
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 3 Player: -3 Enemy: -6 (whee.)
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, how do you get no damage to you?
[OOC] Dust: Swashbuckling. No damage during first round of combat.
[OOC] LW GM: Ah. Honestly I should probably have not had you roll.
[OOC] Rhavi: meh
[OOC] Dust: After the first round, he's meat in the blender. Crunch crunch.
[OOC] Rhavi: unless I run away
[OOC] LW GM: who's left, GB?
[OOC] Dust: Yes, but he said he was AFK. Roll for him?
[OOC] GrimBeard: Back, sorry, forgot to mention
[OOC] Dust: Or make him do it himself. Because.
[OOC] LW GM: I choose to have GB do it for himself. Breeds self-reliance.
[OOC] GrimBeard: Wait, if this is still round one, I already attacked, right?
[OOC] LW GM: You have. Now you are being attacked. Same system, just you can't do any damage.
[OOC] Rhavi: attacking to see how much damage you take since we roll the dice
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 5 Player: -1 Enemy: -12
[OOC] LW GM: And GB take but a scratch. Looses a strand of beard.
[OOC] LW GM: New round
[OOC] Dust: Does he pass out? That's very traumatic.
[OOC] Avan: A dwarf's beard is not to be trifled with, man.
[OOC] GrimBeard: My beard regenerates.
[OOC] Dust: Standard beard feature.
[OOC] LW GM: Okay, GrimBeard's Beard's Turn.
GrimBeard surveys the battlefield and takes aim at the easiest target still standing.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: K
[OOC] Dust: That is definitive.
[OOC] LW GM: The lizard realizes that he has made a grave error attacking a dwarf's beard, and is frightened to death.
[OOC] Rhavi: I am sure that the bullet helped too.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 6 Player: -1 Enemy: -10 (Avan flays another unwounded target, trying to decapitate or at least incapacitate with a single, multi-pronged Bite-of-Fire-assisted blow.)
LW GM: The rage of a dwarf with a ravaged beard is a terrible thing. GrimBeard swings the butt of his musket. There is a crack. And for a moment, there is silence.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 0 Player: -4 Enemy: -5 ((Dust pivots, bringing both his foes before him, catching the second within the zone of his mind force as he frees his weapon with a twist of his wrist, setting into his foes once more.))
[OOC] LW GM: Dust, stop peeing in Chessa's Cheerios. It's rude and payback is a chatbot.
LW GM: Avan's shot strikes the shoulder of his target. Injured, but still very much alive.
LW GM: Dust is still new to Mind Force, he overexerts himself in it's use and is beginning to develop a splitting headache.
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 9 Player: 0 Enemy: -12
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 8 Player: 0 Enemy: -10 (slices at his lizard man)
[OOC] LW GM: Rhavi, Levin, and Dust get attacked now.
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 7 Player: 0 Enemy: -10
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 5 Player: -2 Enemy: -10
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 3 Player: -4 Enemy: -5
[OOC] LW GM: And new round.
GrimBeard surveys the remaining opponents and takes aim at one of them.
GrimBeard rolled up Ratio: 7 RNT: 6 Player: 0 Enemy: -14
[OOC] LW GM: GrimBeard, who was the lizard you just attacked attacking?
[OOC] GrimBeard: Rhavi, gotta protect my income.
[OOC] LW GM: k
LW GM: A decisive strike fells one of the Lizards from behind as he was intent on Rhavi.
Dust rolled up Ratio: 4 RNT: 1 Player: -3 Enemy: -6 ((Dust winces but does not pause, harrying his foes with a series of measured, relentless cuts.))
LW GM: Stroke, stroke, riposte, and another Lizard learns what comes after.
Avan harries the lizard he is already engaged with - but this time, lays off the fire, sensing his immediate foe may be close to death.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 3 Player: -3 Enemy: -7
Levin 's blade flicks out once more…
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 1 Player: -4 Enemy: -4
Rhavi rolled up Ratio: -1 RNT: 4 Player: -3 Enemy: -6 (turns from the one that lay dying before him and hacks at one of the more injured ones.)
LW GM: Blows are stuck with skill and daring and many more lizards fall. Now there remain only two and they are turning to run.
Dust closes his eyes, fighting through the pain to listen to his instincts. Is the danger from above still present?
Levin flicks blood off of his blade and retrieves his bow, then sends an arrow after one of the fleeing lizards. ((Poke when permitted.))
[OOC] LW GM: Go ahead.
Avan retrieves his handbolt and sends it after the other.
Avan rolled up Ratio: 2 RNT: 5 Player: -2 Enemy: -9 (With some fire's bite, of course)
Levin rolled up Ratio: 0 RNT: 8 Player: 0 Enemy: -11 (no self-damage)
Rhavi spits on the carcass, holding a hand over the wound in his side
Dust opens his eyes, cleaning then sheathing his blade. "This was a delaying tactic. The assassin is still moving. Waste no time with the remains." Dust reclaims his horse, swinging up into the saddle.
Rhavi: "We need to press on."
Rhavi starts rounding up the horses
LW GM: The final two lizards fall in the distance.
Avan mounts a horse, riding on ahead to get that handbolt back - not even dismounting, just flicking down with his shiel-fa to snag it out of the corpse. A second flick retrieves Levin's arrow, which he then rides back to Levin to hand over.
GrimBeard mounts his steed and follows Rhavi.
[OOC] LW GM: Sadly Levin's arrow broke on the lizard's body and is unusable.
[OOC] Levin: LW arrows are fragile that way.
Avan hands over arrow fragments, then.
Avan knows he may just be making a symbolic gesture.
Levin gives Avan a dubious look. "Nah. It's generally not worth keeping broken arrows."
Avan shrugs.
Levin: "I cannot make it whole, in any event. Still…" He accepts the fragments regardless.
Dust rides on.
Avan: "I understand the cheapness of disposable ammunition means many more may be present for the same resources. Still, preparing for a single engagement rather than to survive the war seems odd to me."
Rhavi follows Dust
Avan rides after Dust.
Levin: "Your handbolt is intended to be hand-thrown, yes? In which case it's perfectly sensible to design it for durability. Arrows are designed so as to not permit them to be removed and sent back."
[OOC] LW GM: half-rank rolls from those with supah-tracking powahs.
Avan: "How many of our enemies have hands, and not bows? And yet, how many have thrown my handbolt back?"
Avan rolled up 1d10+3: 7 (7)
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 8 (8)
Dust rolled up 1d10+3: 11 (11)
Levin: "Your handbolt requires much training to use effectively, yes?"
Avan: "Not so much as I have heard your weapons do. More practice. But then, I cheat - how often have you seen my fingers do the throwing?"
Avan smiles as he winds his shiel-fa over his handbolt again.
Rhavi: "Dust, I have a question for you who is wise in the ways of land tracking…"
Dust glances over at Rhavi as they ride.
Rhavi: "How does the assassin know where the Albatross lies? I know where my ship is and what paths to follow. But the assassin is //ahead// of us."
LW GM: Dust manages to find the trail. It had been concealed by at least partially traveling via tree top.
Dust: "The assassin was with us on the Dauntless, with us in Toran, I suspect. Possibly, the assassin has followed us since we encountered the demon."
Avan: "Mayhap the assassin has fellows, who scout our likely paths?"
Levin: "Presumably it can read minds. And I believe only Dust could shield such knowledge."
Rhavi: "But would have to have been privy to our plans. Unless the mind reading part is accurate."
Dust: "It is possible, for one such as I, to listen in without being noticed. My skills at stealth are rudimentary, compared to the masters. I suspect the assassin is also trained in such arts. Mind reading… that would require sorcery. Or… it is said that an elder Kai can divine the future."
Rhavi: "So the assassin may well know all of our moves before we make them. Which means that ambush is imminent and that we are playing into his hands."
Avan: "Or the assassin may gamble upon us guessing that, and doing something else."
Avan: "We can but press on."
Dust: "Or, perhaps the assassin has made several very keen guesses and has gotten lucky."
Dust: "If there is an ambush, my training should reveal it."
Dust: "…probably."
Rhavi grunts and ride son
[OOC] Rhavi: rides on
Levin: "Plan for the worst, hope for the best, I guess. Anyway…"
Levin assembles what herbal packets he can without stopping.
[OOC] LW GM: Levin, make a half-rank roll
GrimBeard checks his boompowder and readies his gun as best he can, just in case.
Avan cleans his equipment on the move, but mostly plays scout while the others prepare.
Levin rolled up 1d10+3: 6 (6)
LW GM: Levin spies a patch of wild Laumspur. There is enough to heal each of you five EP. However the leaves are dotted with age and will loose their potency soon, so they will not keep.
Levin distributes the herbs. "Eat up; they'll lose their potency too soon to be worth packaging."
Dust chews the leaves while on the move.
GrimBeard only takes some if everyone else gets one first.
Avan noms.
Rhavi chews, thinking that this is not as bad as the bladderwrack….but only just.
Rhavi keeps an eye out on the darkened trail, picking his way as carefully as he can while maintaining speed
LW GM: ***LOG END***

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License